In Honor Of 'AHS' Coming Back Tonight, Here's A List Of Every Season Ranked From Best To Worst

Cue the spooky theme song!

44

Tonight at 10pm EST, the newest season of 'American Horror Story: 1984' is airing on FX. In honor of its premier, I thought now would be a perfect time to spark up the age old debate of which seasons are the best. When you ask someone what their top three favorite seasons are, you'll probably get a range of answers, but "Coven," "Asylum," or "Murder House" are most likely in the ranking.

Here are all 8 seasons of 'American Horror Story' ranked from best to worst based on plot, cast, and execution (in my opinion):

1. 'Coven'

One word: witches.

The plot. The cast. The entirety of this season was god tier.

Literally all of the fan favorite actors starred in 'Coven', which makes it even more legendary. Taissa Farmiga, Emma Roberts, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson, Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, the list goes on. Even Stevie Nicks made a guest appearance, so that was pretty epic.

Let's not forget Madison Montgomery's iconic line: "Surprise, bitch!"

2. 'Asylum'

Asylum has to be one of the most intense seasons, and it actually was kinda scary, unlike Coven, which was more of a comedic relief.

Sarah Paulson, Jessica Lange, and Lily Rabe's acting were phenomenal, and the story-line itself was absolutely insane (pun somewhat intended).

3. 'Murder House'

For it being the very first season of the show, it is one of the best. 'Murder House' will always be in my top three, and sometimes I like it better over 'Asylum' simply because of Tate and Violet's stories.

The world was only at peace when everyone wore "Normal People Scare Me" t-shirts to school in 2013.

4. 'Freak Show'

I've heard mixed reviews about 'Freak Show', but I was a fan of it. The biggest attention grabber was definitely Twisty, though. Gotta love a killer clown!

Also......Evan Peters. That man is *chefs kiss.*

5. 'Apocalypse'

This season got sooooo much hype because it was the crossover between 'Murder House' and 'Coven', but it wasn't as good as everyone expected it to be. I mean yeah, seeing the witches and the ghosts was cool, but the plot really dragged. It wasn't terrible, but it could have been better.

6. 'Roanoke'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7q1EmjnAk

I think this season was definitely the scariest, but it was also really confusing because it switched between different timelines and was divided into two parts, documentary style. It could have been executed better, but it did a good job of putting the "horror" in 'American Horror Story.'

7. 'Cult'

'Cult' premiered in 2016 following the highly controversial Presidential election and the inauguration of Donald Trump, so you can only guess what this season is about.

This season had a whole new layer of horror because it incorporated the divide of our nation due to our hostile political climate with a Charles Manson approach. However, there was so much going on and it was pretty messy.

Entertaining, but didn't even make the top 5 cut. The only good part about it was Evan Peter's fantastic acting.

8. 'Hotel'

I'm sorry Lady Gaga, but 'Hotel' was by far the worst season of 'AHS.' It was boring, confusing, and not really that entertaining. I could not follow what was going on half the time.

Hopefully the new season of 'AHS' will at least make it into my top 5, but to everyone who is planning to watch tonight, have fun and enjoy!