Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays- all it involves is eating incredible food and spending time with family. Here is my personal ranking of the best Thanksgiving foods, however, I should preface that these are all the dishes that I eat at my own house, so sorry if you can't relate (you might want to consider rethinking your current menu, though).

6. Cranberry Sauce

Flickr

For those of you who like this... just, no. Something of this consistency belongs in a pie, not on top of your mashed potatoes.

5. Stuffing

Flickr: @Christopher Connel

I know, I know, unpopular opinion: I've just never enjoyed it. However, my mom must make a pretty good dish of it, considering all of my family members always pile their plates high with it.

4. Sweet Potato Casserole

Taste of the South

Ok, I actually like this dish, especially with mini marshmallows on top of it. The only reason it's not higher up on my rankings is because the ones ahead of it are just THAT good.

3. Pumpkin Pie

Not sure why it gets such a bad rep, but I could eat pumpkin pie all year long, if the seasonal market permitted. It is the epitome of cheer, fall, and Thanksgiving in every single heavenly, spiced bite (assisted by some whipped cream, of course).

2. Turkey

Flickr

Turkey is so good, especially when you drizzle some warm gravy all over it. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

1. Mashed Potatoes

Public Domain Pictures

My mom makes the best mashed potatoes in the world, and it truly would not be Thanksgiving without them... so yeah, that's all I need to say to justify myself.