11 Things To Do This Summer After A Long Semester

Take time to do what you love.

69
Taylor Dean

Summer is a time for you to do whatever you want. Get a job, read all day, binge watch that Netflix show, watch all of the Netflix originals, go on an adventure, etc. There is nothing you have to be in bed early for the next day and there is nothing that is stopping you from doing what you want. I like to take the summer to work to finance my crazy spending habits throughout the year, but I also like to binge shows and movies on Netflix, go to the beach, go on adventures, and more! Here is a list of things that anyone can do in summer.

1. Binge watch Netflix.

There are so many new shows and movies that premiere on Netflix in the summer. A lot of shows also put new seasons out in the summer on Netflix, so there is more time to watch them. I personally like to catch up on shows that I missed throughout the year and I like to sit down and knock out series that I have not watched and all the seasons are on Netflix. I also like to take the time to watch Netflix original movies and watch releases that were put on Netflix.

2. Go to the beach.

Summer is about getting a tan and watching the waves hit the sand. I could spend hours at the beach tanning, splashing around in the salty water, reading a book under an umbrella, and so on. The best is when you get there early enough to watch the sunrise and stay late enough to watch the sunset. I love sitting on the beach in sweats at night looking out over the ocean.

3. Read.

If you're anything like me, you have over 200 books on your to-be-read pile. Summer is a perfect time to make that smaller. I personally like to read on the beach, and that's where I get my best reading done, but even just taking the time to read before bed because I don't have to study for anything is perfect as well. I love watching my pile of books to read shrink and my books I've read pile grow.

4. Go on adventures.

Whether this is to a new coffee show in your town, on a hike, or going on a food tour through a big city, I am always up for an adventure. I like dragging my friends and family to a new place in the city, or a festival of some kind, or just going for a drive or a walk through a town or a city. You never know what you're going to find and I promise you, you will be happy with whatever you find.

5. Relax.

Summer is time to get things done and make new memories, but it is also a time to just sit back and take a breather. There is nothing more satisfying than spending a day in after a long week, semester, weekend, year and just putting on a face mask and watching a rom-com. This is my favorite thing to do in the summer.

6. Go to an amusement park.

All of the amusement parks are open and if you live in the tri-state area, or around the tri-state area, there are so many that you can experience. From water slides to roller coasters there is so much fun to have.

7. Do something you've never done.

Make a bucket list, and cross things off it. Or just set one goal each day to do something you've never done. It doesn't have to be something as big as skydiving. It could be as small as try a food you've never tried.

8. Travel.

Now that you have the time, go to a place you've never been. Whether it is within your state, across the country or across the globe, summer is the perfect opportunity to go to a place you've never been or a place that you call your second home.

9. Learn a new skill.

Now that there is no studying, no assignments, and no exams, you can put your time into learning a new skill. Calligraphy, surfing, whatever it may be.

10. Pick up a new hobby.

To piggyback off my last point, you could start crafting, learn to knit, take up painting, the opportunities are endless.

11. Hang out with your friends.

Summer is a time where you have all the time in the world. It should be spent making memories with the people you love.