7 Stand-Up Comedians You're Currently Sleeping On

Looking for some laughs for an hour or so? Check out these amazing stand-up comedians!

Preacher Lawson.

Often described as the "next Eddie Murphy," Lawson broke onto the scene as a finalist in the twelfth season of "America's Got Talent." His fast-paced delivery of jokes will make you feel exhausted (in the best way, of course).

Hannah Gadsby.

Source

I first discovered this Australian comedian while sitting in an airport. Assuming she was just a carbon copy of Tig Notaro (who appears later on this list), I put on her Netflix stand-up special "Nanette" in search of some background noise. What I found was funny, deeply moving, personal, and sometimes all-out depressing take on her life as a gay woman. I could never recommend anything more.

James Veitch.

This British comedian has two things I don't have: guts and improvisational talent. Veitch's comedy is purely situational, and his most famous bit in which he replies to spam email is the most clever way you can bring situational comedy into the twenty-first century.

Greg Proops.

Greg Proops

Source

Yes, there's an "r" in his last name, don't worry. lmprov-comedy aficionados may know him as the one guy with the glasses on "Whose Line Is it Anyway?" Proops is a talkative and blunt comedian who puts out a weekly podcast titled "The Smartest Man in the World," where he gets increasingly inebriated talking about whatever he wants to. His off-the-cuff humor has turned into political banter in the most recent years, and his new comedy album "The Resistance" is something you should definitely check out.

Michelle Wolf.

Michelle Wolf

Source

Yep, the lady who pissed off Donald Trump and Sarah Huckabee Sanders at the 2018 White House Correspondents Dinner. Her comedy is witty, timely, and, above all else, not something you should get overly offended by.

Chris Fleming.

John Mulaney's comedy was once described as niche-humor. As a Mulaney fan, I agree with this… but then I discovered Chris Fleming. Fleming's humor represents such a specific type of person that even I don't even know how to describe. It's hilarious, nevertheless. Check out his stand-up special Showpig, you won't regret it.

Tig Notaro.

Tig Notaro

Source

Notaro is the definition of dry humor, more meant to perform in an intimate coffee house than a massive stadium. Nevertheless, her insanely clever jokes are simply hilarious. Her jokes on motherhood are top-notch and can be seen in her most recent special, Happy To Be Here.

All of these comedians have specials available on multiple streaming services and YouTube.