Short stories are a beloved and interesting genre of literature; few authors have nailed the expert layout and twists so characteristic of amazing short stories, for the best ones typically shock and surprise audiences. Here is a list of eleven of the most intriguing and stunning short stories.
1. "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.
2. "The Minister's Black Veil" by Nathaniel Hawthorne.
3. "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connel.
4. "A Good Man is Hard to Find" by Flannery O'Connor.
5. "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" by Joyce Carol Oates.
6. "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" by Ambrose Bierce.
7. "The Masque of the Red Death" by Edgar Allan Poe.
8. "The Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka.
9. "Hills Like White Elephants" by Ernest Hemingway.
10. "Nine Stories" by J.D. Salinger.
11. "Harrison Bergeron" by Kurt Vonnegut.