The Best Restaurants In Oxford, OH For College Kids Sick Of Dining Hall Food
Dating

8 Oxford, Ohio Restaurants Worth Indulging In This Semester

You don't have to settle for dining hall food.

261

Sometimes it's hard not to end up eating the same meals over and over again as a college student. You could easily eat the same thing every day, even if you eat at a new dining hall every day. While there is nothing necessarily wrong with that, sometimes it's nice to change things up a bit. With that in mind, the following list is a compilation of some of the best places to find food in the city of Oxford to help add some variety to your meals.

Bagel and Deli Shop 

When most Miami University students think about places in Oxford to get food, Bagel and Deli is one of the first places that comes to mind. Located close to campus, Bagel and Deli has one of the most creative and extensive menus that you won't be able to find anywhere else. Bagel and Deli is the perfect option if you are looking for something that delivers or is open late. Current students aren't the only ones obsessed; Bagel and Deli opened in 1975 and some alumni still stop in every time they are in Oxford.

Patterson's Cafe

If you are looking for a good place to grab brunch, look no further! Patterson's menu is filled with traditional American meals with Irish twists. While it's a little farther away from campus, it's always worth the trip. However, if you don't like waiting to get a table, make sure to show up early as it is a pretty popular place to be on the weekends.

Kofenya

If you thought you loved Starbucks, just wait until you try Kofenya. With some of the best coffee in Oxford, Kofenya is the place to visit if you love good coffee. The cafe offers plenty of seating, free wifi and a great coffee selection. Also, new this fall, Kofenya has added avocado toast to their menu, making it the perfect stop if you're looking for a great place to get some work done while you live out your hipster dreams.

MIA Restaurant and Studio

MIA Restaurant and Studio is a popular dinner location that features an indulgent menu with plenty of options to choose from. MIA is a great place to go if you are burnt out on on-campus meals and need some real food. While the menu at this restaurant may be a little pricey for the typical college student, the food is well worth it!

Quarter Barrel Brewery and Pub

Located near Miami's campus, Quarter Barrel Brewery and Pub is a great place to go if you're looking for something a little different from some of the other restaurants around Oxford. While the food options at this location are more limited than some of the other restaurants in the area, the menu features unique options not found anywhere else on campus. Their lavosh, which is similar to a pizza, features a unique sesame cracker crust that makes it a "must try" when in Oxford.

Yum Yum

If you are looking for something a little different and love Chinese food, Yum Yum is for you. Open until 10 every night, Yum Yum offers generous portion sizes for reasonable prices that can even be delivered to your doorstep. Even though Oxford has plenty of options when it comes to their selection of Chinese cuisine, Yum Yum seems to be the best bang for your buck.

Insomnia Cookies

If you love cookies (And let's be real, who doesn't love cookies?), you need to check out Insomnia Cookies. Insomnia is a quintessential college town addition. Insomnia offers plenty of cookie options that are always warm and delicious. Plus, they deliver and are open until 3 a.m. If ice cream sandwiches, brownies or cookie cakes are more your thing, don't worry, Insomnia still has you covered.

Graeter's Ice Cream

If you aren't an Ohio native, you have probably never heard of Graeter's, and for that, I am truly sorry. While their whole menu is to die for, they have a black raspberry chocolate chip ice cream flavor that seems to be their most popular flavor, for good reason. While they may not deliver like most of the other locations on this list, a trip to uptown on a particularly hot day can only be completed by an ice cream cone from Graeter's.

The next time you find yourself in a dining hall less than satisfied with their options, I challenge you to explore all of the great restaurants Oxford has to offer the Miami University student.