10 Restaurants In Bellingham, WA, That'll Have Your Money Wanting To Be Spent

Need a delicious Sunday breakfast or a date night restaurant? I've got you covered.

54

1. D'Anna's Cafe Italiano.

Need a fancy restaurant for you and your significant other? Or just want a place to spend your hard earned money after a long week? Well, D'Anna's is the place to go. With large portion sizes and intense flavors you will not regret the money spent here. Their pasta is homemade and is always very fresh.

*PSA: the portions are large so make sure you are hungry*

2. Colophon Cafe.

The Colophon Cafe is a hidden little lunch and dinner cafe right next to the Fairhaven Bookstore. They have one of the best black bean burgers I've ever had. The prices are on the high-end however and their service and quality of food is impeccable. With every entree, you can choose a side of potato wedges, soup, or salad.

Their potato wedges are absolutely mouthwatering.

3. Fairhaven Pizza.

If Colophon Cafe isn't your forté, then Fairhaven Pizza might be a better option. This restaurant is covered with photos of skiers, mountain bikers, and mountains. The ora is calm and relaxed and the pizza is delicious. Price wise it is reasonable and affordable for the portion of food you receive.

4. Old Town Cafe.

Breakfast doesn't get much better than at Old Town Cafe. The atmosphere in Old Town, combined with their food, creates the perfect Sunday morning treat. Instead of just offering hashbrowns, Old Town offers black beans as a substitute. In addition, they offer an inexpensive side of avocado with any meal, which is always a necessity. They partner with small local or regional stores to create a unique and appetizing menu. Some of these businesses are Great Harvest Bread Company, La Mexicana Tortillas, Wild Pacific Seafoods, and Fresh Breeze Organic Dairy.

5. The Birch Door Cafe.

The Birch Door Cafe is a welcoming and aesthetically pleasing breakfast and lunch restaurant. There are always crowds of people waiting to get seated because the food is so delicious. They're best known for their unique pancakes including bacon pancakes, apple pancakes, and strawberry granola pancakes. However, pancakes are not all that The Birch Door Cafe has to offer. They serve homemade jam with toast, freshly grilled potato hash browns, and a wide variety of eggs benedict such as country style, California style, classic style, and many more.

For college students, going out to eat can be nearly impossible, due to a shortage of money. The following restaurants give the most bang for their buck.

6. Tadeo's.

Tadeo's is a small "hole in the wall" Mexican restaurant that has great service and delicious authentic Mexican food. They serve free chips and homemade salsa with your meal. I would have to say their enchiladas are one of their best entrees. Also, they have many vegetarian options such as a potato burrito, a veggie burrito, and a spinach burrito.

7. AB crepes.

Every WWU student should know about AB crepes. They have a wide variety of crepes from sweet to savory. I would recommend the garlic chicken pesto or the razz dream. The nice thing about AB crepes is that they are open until 2 am! If you're in need of a late night snack, if you know what I mean, they're open. You can smell the crepes from blocks away.

8. Boomer's Drive-In.

Just like Sonic or Burgermaster, Boomer's is a drive-up burger joint. If you're feeling lazy one day you can go to Boomer's, park your car, and wait for the food to come to you. You can even order online! If you can't decide what to get, on Boomer's website it states, "Two staples on the menu are Boomer's Burgers and Boomer's Milkshakes. Voted the best Bellingham Burgers time and time again"

9. Burrito King.

As the name states, this restaurant is the king of all burritos. Burrito King can be found on campus or off campus on 32nd St. They have inexpensive options that college students love. Burritos are $5.99 and three tacos are only $5!

10. Soy House.

Soy house is an authentic Vietnamese restaurant that offers pho, vermicelli, Banh Mi sandwiches, pizza, and many other dishes. Pizza? Yes, pizza. Soy house also serves pizza in addition to their authentic Vietnamese dishes. If your friends, kids, or significant other says they don't want Vietnamese food, well, they offer pizza as well. Soy house is very affordable for the "starving college student" and they have a wide selection of beer and wine.

Not pictured: Boomer's Drive-In, Burrito King, Soy House, The Birch Door Cafe, and Tadeo's.