Why Brie Larson Is The Best

This past Saturday, after months of rumors, it was announced at the San Diego Comic Con that Brie Larson will take on the role of Captain Marvel. And it’s huge. As you may have noticed, there aren’t many movies with women superheroes, so having one as the main role caused excitement. I’ve never been one into the comic world for whatever reason, but with Brie Larson playing Captain Marvel, I may just have to. You may be wondering why would I go see something I’ve never had interest in for one person? Let me explain you why.

1. Talent on talent on talent: She was in movies like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World or 21 Jump Street or Short Term 12, but if you haven’t seen Room, you need to now; it’s hauntingly good. In the film, she plays who a young woman who has been held captive for seven years after being kidnapped. Her and her son (played by the adorable Jacob Tremblay, who is now BFF’s with Larson of course) survive abuse until Joy (Larson’s character) tries to plan a way out. The little boy had never been outside before either. I remember seeing it and being amazed at the genuine love between the two and the emotions that they had to put forth. Obviously and very well deserving, Brie ended up winning the awards season this year, even at the Oscars. I feel like a proud parent.

2. She’s incredibly sweet: At the same Oscars, Lady Gaga also stole the show with her beautiful performance of “Til It Happens To You,” the Oscar nominated hit song she wrote for The Hunting Ground, a documentary on campus rape. During the performance, survivors of sexual assault joined Gaga on stage and ended with arms raised, hand in hand. I’m pretty sure there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. Brie Larson also did what all of us wanted to do. She hugged each and every survivor on stage from the front row on the commercial break. She has made sure to tweet her support to survivors on Twitter too. Brie has also spoken about current and important issues, such as Black Lives Matter, self love and staying true to yourself as well as supporting others.

3. She’s a dual threat: Watch it everyone, (former) pop star here. While still an actress, she also started her career as a musician, releasing the 2005 album Finally Out of P.E., which produced “She Said.” She also performed on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World with Metric on “Black Sheep.” She hasn’t really done anything since as a musician, but I won’t give up hope.

4. She’s a huge Star Wars fan: Brie made sure to find something in common when she started to work with then eight year old Jacob. That thing was Star Wars. She also revealed her excitement just before the Oscars when C-3PO, R2-D2 and BB-8 showed up. That’s when the party really started.

If you're still not convinced she's the best, I don't even have the words.