Best Of The Best Binge Watching Shows

Best Of The Best Binge Watching Shows

Netflix's finest summer binge watching shows.

37
Best Of The Best Binge Watching Shows

Sometimes, summer can get boring—not much to do, tired of working, etc. For those lucky enough to have Netflix, here are some of the great hidden gems Netflix has to offer for all your binge watching needs!

1. "Grey's Anatomy"

A medical drama about a group of surgeons at Seattle Grace Hospital, "Grey's Anatomy" is one of Netflix’s most popular shows. The drama revolves around surgeon Meredith Grey and her relationships with fellow surgeons, such as her romance with Derek Shepherd and friendship with Cristina Yang. Each episode has unique and suspenseful medical cases along with personal dramas. This Netfli, five star drama is an all around binge-worthy show that will have you begging for more. Luckily, Netflix has just released the 12th season of Grey's, just in time to catch up before ABC releases season 13!

2. "Orange Is The New Black"

A comedy-drama, revolves around Piper Chapman’s 15-month sentence to Litchfield Penitentiary. In the minimum-security women’s federal prison, which contains all sorts of criminals, Piper is among people from her past, new blood(inmates) like herself, and "OGs." Between the penitentiary staff and inmates, things get heated on a regular basis. The wide range of characters keep the drama exciting and interesting. This Netflix original series has become Netflix’s most-watched original series. The day to day drama and secrets of this women’s federal prison will keep you on your feet and enable you to fly through the seasons. Netflix just released the fourth season of "Orange Is The New Black" so get on it!

3. "Bloodline"

Another Netflix original series, Bloodline tells the story of a family who is dealing with the return of their oldest child after years without him. The Rayburn's may seem like a regular, compassionate family, but as The New York Times stated, "It's paradise until the first tropical storm blackens the sky and drenches the landscape." This Netflix series portrays a sneaky, dissembling family full of lies, secrets, and mistrust. The dysfunctional family dynamic, along with a mystery murder, was given four and a half stars on Netflix and has just released it's second season!

4. "Arrested Development"

It tells the story of a wildly dysfunctional family who was at the highest point of real estate development in Orange County before it went to shambles. Suddenly the family finds themselves bankrupt. The Bluth family gets hit hard by reality when they must leave their luxury lifestyle behind and their father ends up in prison. It's now Michael Bluth's job to keep his large and dysfunctional family together while taking care of his own son too. This hilarious sitcom, originally aired on Fox in 2003, has now become a Netflix original releasing its fourth season on Netflix!

5. "Nurse Jackie"

A show about a drug-addicted nurse working in a New York City ER who tries to find a balance between her personal struggles and her demanding job. This American, medical based comedy-drama has recently added its seventh and final season to Netflix this past April. Jackie Peyton lies, cheats and steals in order to fool friends and family as well as herself about her drug addiction. But throughout the show, you will see her attitude of determination, because all she has to hold onto are her family, friends and job. This show has five stars on Netflix, which contains all seven seasons of the series!

6. "White Collar"

This story of a con artist who after years of tricking the FBI agrees to help catch other white collar criminals is one of Netflix's top crime-comedy TV shows. Con artist, forger, thief, and now FBI agent, Neal Caffrey uses his past expertise to help his fellow FBI agents collect evidence, track down other con artists, and successfully lock away the thieves. Netflix has all six seasons of this thrilling crime-fighting TV show and has a rating of four and a half stars!

7. "Parenthood"

A drama series portraying the large Braverman family tree, "Parenthood" is a heartwarming, relatable family drama. Zeek and Camille Braverman (family grandparents) live among their four children, who each have their own family, and share a very close family bond with them. While dealing with family drama, along with their own personal issues, the Bravermans seem to always be there for one another. All six seasons of this loving family drama was released on Netflix in 2014, and is also rated five stars!

8. "Scandal"

"Scandal," an ABC political thriller, has just released its fifth season on Netflix. Olivia Pope, the professional "fixer," can make anyone's problems disappear before anyone even knew they existed. Olivia and her crew race against the clock each week to defuse new problems before they turn into full-blown disasters. They do this while also dealing with their own personal problems. Things often get heated in this political thriller, because of certain clients, who include the President and his staff in the White House, and the level of difficulty of the problems that Olivia Pope must defuse. Netflix also gave four and a half stars to another one of their most popular shows!