10 Classic Movies Of The 80s You Need To Watch

"Life moves Pretty Fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

97
Cleveland.com

Whether you were around for the 80s or not, we can all classify the 80s with some significant event that occurred in the 10-year period. Commonly known as "the decade of greed," you may remember this decade for the ending of the cold war, the beginning of MTV, or even for the explosion of the Space Shuttle Challenger in 1986.

These events are all pretty remarkable, however the significance I find in the 80s lies within its pop culture: its movies. Though I may not have been alive for the 80s, I enjoy the movies from this period.

Here are the 10 best movies from the 80s that can be enjoyed in any generation:

1. "Back to The Future"

A teenager is sent back into the 1950s, when an experience by his scientist friend goes wrong.

2. "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"

An alien becomes stranded on earth and is befriended by a young boy.

3. "Ghostbusters"

A team of scientists decides to become ghostbusters to wage a high tech battle with the supernatural for money.

4. "The Breakfast Club"

Five high school students endure a Saturday detention.

5. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

A teen skips school and embarks on a one day journey through the streets of Chicago.

6. "The Goonies"

A group of kids desperate to find a way to keep their homes find a treasure map.

7. "Raiders of The Lost Ark"

A renowned archaeologist is hired by the US government to find the ark of the covenant.

8. "The Princess Bride"

A fairytale adventure about a beautiful young woman and her one true love.

9. "Sixteen Candles"

A teenager faces her sixteenth birthday with typical adolescent dread.

10. "Dirty Dancing"

A teenage girl spends the summer at a resort with her parents in the Catskills, where she falls in love with the 'bad boy' dance instructor.