10 Life-Changing Songs From Morgan Wallen’s 'Dangerous: The Double Album'

Here is my list of the top 10 songs off Morgan Wallen's new record that you should be playing on repeat.

155
Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash

Morgan Wallen never misses. Unfortunately, I couldn't put all 30 tracks on this list. I tried compiling a list of his 10 best songs off his new album (which was incredibly hard because I love every single song he releases). If you haven't heard of Morgan Wallen or listened to his music, this is your sign to check him out and start listening. You won't regret it.

Somebody's Problem

"Somebody's Problem" was one of the earlier songs released off the album. This song is about a pretty girl Wallen saw at a gas station. He wondered who she was and his good friend said that she was somebody's problem. Wallen sings, "Somebody's reason for leaving on the porch light. Thinking about them tan lines and I'm thinking, damn, I'd love to drown in them heartbreaker blue eyes. She's somebody's problem and somebody's problem about to be mine."

Wasted On You

Every country album needs a heartache love song and this is one of Wallen's. Wallen used a play on words for this track, singing about all of the time he wasted on one of his past girls while also singing about being wasted. Wallen sings, "All of this time and all of this money. All of these sorrys I don't owe you, honey. All of these miles on this Chevy, and prayers in a pew. All them days I spent, wasted on you. Wasted on you."

Still Goin Down

Wallen sings about how driving on back roads will never get old to him because he is from a small-town. He goes on to sing about how he enjoys drinking beer on Friday nights around a fire with his friends. This song describes the country lifestyle that Wallen lives. Wallen sings, "Cause I'm from a small town, southern drawl crowd. We're sipping clear, drinking beer on a Friday night. Every country girl got on her cut-offs, shaking her hips—take a trip, buddy tell me I'm a liar. Still circle up big trucks around a fire; still kicking up some dust behind the tires. Call it cliché, but hey, just take it from me: it’s still goin' down out in the country."

865

Wallen sings, "But this bottle tastes like 865-409-1021, yeah. One last time, don't think twice. Girl, just pick it up and come over. Give the bedroom door a little closure. I know I told you I wouldn't call and I tried but this bottle tastes like 865-409-1021." This song is definitely one of the catchier ones off the album. Wallen starts to drink to get his mind off of a past lover but even when drinking he can't stop thinking of her. 865 is the Knoxville, Tennessee area code. I tried calling the number but to no surprise, it is no longer in use.

Me On Whiskey 

Wallen sings about what would happen when he would be drunk on whiskey and his girl would be drunk on wine. Many understand what drinking with your s/o can lead to. Wallen sings, "With me on whiskey, and you on wine. Getting Tennessee tipsy in the neon light. Yeah, it's what we do, girl, it's kind of our thing. A little jukebox dance and then a smoky dream. We're as easy as you got your drink I got mine. But we got the same thing on our mind."

Livin' The Dream 

This is a very personal track off of Wallen's new record. The song is about how the lifestyle that everybody is seeing him live is actually draining him. This track touches on the darker side of fame. Everyone thinks he is living the dream but there is more to it than what meets the eye. Wallen sings, "Another day, another venue. There's trouble to get into and love ain't on the menu again. Lonely as an eagle. I meet a thousand people who think I got a thousand friends."

Neon Eyes 

Wallen sings about how he knew he was going to leave a certain girl heartbroken before the relationship even started. Wallen tried to warn the girl by telling her he would leave her with "neon eyes." Wallen sings, "They started out blue like an East Tennessee June sky. Full of small-town innocence, guarded by a picket fence. Perfect 'til I drove by. You were looking for a way out and I was on my way. Girl, once you love a cowboy, you'll never be the same. I know right now you think this is it but I'm going to leave you with neon eyes."

This Bar

This song was released around the end of 2019. Wallen reminisces on all of the times he had in a particular bar including getting too drunk, meeting different girls and making friends. Wallen sings, "I found myself in this bar. Making mistakes and making new friends. I was growing up and nothing made sense. Buzzing all night like neon in the dark I found myself in this bar."

Dangerous 

This is Wallen's title-track. It is one of the faster-paced songs off his new record. This track talks about all the trouble Wallen would get into when he began to drink about a girl of his past. Wallen sings, "I could see me sitting in the back of
a cop car banging my head on a window. I could see me slamming that last call shot glass, losing everything in my billfold. Ooh, ooh. That's what I do when I'm drinking about you, ooh-ooh, ooh."

Warning

Wallen sings about how he would've appreciated a warning before walking into a particular bar and meeting a certain girl. The girl left him heartbroken and he wishes someone would have given him a sign that she was going to break his heart. Wallen sings, "That neon sign hanging outside that bar should've said, ‘Go home if you know what's good for your heart.’ When she sat down in that ADPi t-shirt should've said, ‘Watch out boy, you're gonna wind up hurt.’ And that label on that whiskey on that shelf should've said, ‘Don't buy no shots for no one else.’”