Shark Week Highlights

If You Missed These 10 Best Moments Of Shark Week, Get Out

Shark Week hoo ha ha.

91
Shark in ocean

Ah yes, my favorite time of the year. The time where I don't have to channel surf for something good to watch. The week where the viewers are never disappointed. The week where everyone enjoys watching documentaries. Discovery Channel rocks for this. Here are the best moments from Shark Week in case you missed it...

1. Katy Perry's shoes.

Katy Perry's Instagram

Katy Perry announced that she made Left Shark inspired shoes on her Instagram on July 23 with a caption of "You didn't ask for this but you're welcome". The flats are on sale for $65 and the sneakers are $149. You're right Katy Perry, thank you for this.

2. One word: Shaq.

media.giphy.com

I was very entertained while watching Shaq Does Shark Week. Who would have thought Shaquille O'Neal would be afraid of anything? Well, the answer is that he is afraid of sharks. This show was based on getting Shaq comfortable in the water with sharks with the help of Ex-Navy/Marine comedian Rob Riggle. Basically, the whole show was Rob doing crazy stuff to show Shaq that sharks are okay and then Shaq saying "I'm not doing that" until the very end. Tune in to see what happened.

3. All of the manicures.

en Vogue Sculptured Nails' Instagram

I just love seeing how creative everyone gets during this time on Facebook and Instagram. All of the shark nails are super cute and perfect for hosting a shark week pool party.

4. Naked and Afraid of Sharks.

media.giphy.com

Although I am a girly girl who would never be able to do this, I have always had a love for Naked and Afraid. Now, it was even more nerve-wracking to watch as Naked and Afraid of Sharks. Five all-star Naked and Afraid contestants were dropped off in the Bahamas where the bugs on the land didn't want them and where the sharks in the ocean did not want them. My heart was beating out of my chest watching while they were trying to find a place they belonged.

5. Furry friends dressed up as sharks.

Prissy_pig on Instagram

The most adorable thing is an animal in a costume. My favorite ones to see dressed up are dogs and pigs on Instagram and Facebook. They're probably so confused as to why they have fins all of a sudden.

6. When they played Jaws.

media.giphy.com

I will watch this movie all year long but I especially love it during Shark Week. They run it late at night but, I am still glad they play it. What an iconic movie. #throwback

7. When they informed us about shark's prey/ predators.

media.giphy.com

I love that Discovery not only gives us a lot of information on sharks but, they also give us information on their prey and predators. It was fascinating to learn more about Orcas on Air Jaws: The Hunted.

8. The special treats that are shark themed.

Victoria Loring's Instagram

If you make or can get your hands on these, you're lucky. These treats look so good and fun to make. I love seeing them every year. They should've had Cake Boss make an appearance.

9. Sharkwrecked.

Paul de Gelder's Instagram

This was another show that was nerve-wracking to watch. Two veterans, Paul de Gelder and James Glancy, spend almost 48 hours in the ocean trying to research sharks' behavior towards humans that have been shipwrecked. Watch Sharkwrecked online and find out what happened.

10. My biased best part of Shark Week.

media.giphy.com

On Wednesday, they played an episode of Jaws of the Deep and there was a shark named Emma. Who doesn't love sharing a name with a shark?

I am sad Shark Week is over but, I can't wait to see what the 31st Shark Week holds...