mean girls musical songs

The 11 Best Songs From The “Mean Girls” Musical Soundtrack

"Our story begins across the globe in Africa. Africa!"

6359
Instagram

Recently, I've been obsessing over the "Mean Girls" musical soundtrack. If you having haven't had a listen, please go do it now! The musical has some of the most amazing songs that includes some of the iconic catchphrases from the original "Mean Girls" Movie. At the 2018 Tony's "Mean Girls" was nominated for twelve tony's so it is definitely worth a listen. Anyways, this is my opinion on a ranking of the best songs, and I'm stand behind my remarks.

1. “Where Do You Belong?”

media.giphy.com

So, so, so, so, good! This song guides the cafeteria scene in which Cady (Erika Henningsen) is introduced to all of the different cliques at North Shore High. Damian (Grey Henson) leads the song and he is absolutely phenomenal. Watch the cast perform this live at the Tony's.

2. “Revenge Party”

media.giphy.com

Another amazing song! It follows the point in the movie when Janis (Barrett Wilbert Weed) and Cady scheme on how to get revenge on Regina (Taylor Louderman) after she stole Aaron (Kyle Selig) from Cady. Note: it's such a good bop to dance to.

3. “Meet The Plastics"

media.giphy.com

The queen plastics are introduced here, and the feeling and emotional symphony that is Regina George will have you quaking. Also, Karen (Kate Rockwell) and Gretchen (Ashley Park) have such cute solos, I thrive.

4. “I’d Rather Be Me"

media.giphy.com

This song is so underrated and is a classic feminist bop! It has such an amazing beat that it could honestly become a radio hit. This song is set after Regina unleashes the contents of the burn book to the whole school, and the girls are called to an assembly in the gym. Watch Janis smash it at the "Tonight Show's" performance.

5. “Stupid With Love”

media.giphy.com

I love how this song showcases Cady's life in Kenya versus her current situation. It's not only humorous but also relatable to all teens. It takes place when Cady meets Aaron for the first time and falls deeply in love. Additionally, in this song Cady showcases some of the awkward moments we all have when talking to our crushes.

6. “It Roars”

media.giphy.com

This song is our introduction to Cady and reveals a little more information about her character than we're given in the original movie. It's a powerful song that has some extremely relatable lyrics and will have you crying and laughing.

7. “Apex Predator”

media.giphy.com

When Cady tells Janis that she thinks Regina isn't that bad, this is Janis' response. Regina seems like a goddess, but she is extremely vicious. Its such a bop and Janis' voice is so effortlessly cool. Watch the cast's "Today Show" performance.

8. “What’s Wrong With Me?”

media.giphy.com

Gretchen Weiners' solo is everything you could ever want and more. Unlike the movie, Gretchen's character and her insecurities are deeply revealed in this song. It details Gretchen's doubts about her friendships with the manipulative Regina. Gretchen seems to always need approval from Regina and this song disclosures some of the problems with that.

9. “Stop”

media.giphy.com

This is one of the best advice type of songs I've ever heard. It brings "Mean Girls" up to the modernity of 2018 relationships, and it showcases more of Damian and Cady's relationship that we don't necessarily see in the movie.

10. “Sexy”

media.giphy.com

Karen's solo is almost as amazing as Gretchen's! I love how the score of the song is in alignment with Karen's stupidity, if that makes sense. But more of Karen's personality is revealed here along with some comedic flares that we also don't see in the movie. This song takes place right before the iconic Halloween party scene.

11. “Do This Thing”

media.giphy.com

The song takes place at the mathletes competition. Its so fun and so cute, and I love the personal realization Cady has during this song.