5 Six Flags Magic Mountain Rides Worth Waiting For

Opinions from a Six Flags Magic Mountain regular.

155
https://unsplash.com/photos/BZh-WSt9doE

As a person who gets motion sickness looking down at her phone on 15-minute car rides, you probably would not expect me to be a rollercoaster fiend. But, unfortunately (for my stomach), I am. In fact, I've been a Six Flags Season Pass holder for the past two years. I haven't been too many times, so I'm no know-it-all, but I definitely know more than your average human. So, throughout the more-than-your-average-human number of times I have been, I've managed to decide on a list of my top 5 favorite Six Flags Magic Mountain rides that I feel are worth the wait.

1. X2

I've only been on X2 two times (ironically) but it is definitely a #1 favorite. It's also probably one of the more intense rollercoasters at Magic Mountain, so I would not recommend it as a starter ride for an amateur Six Flags goer. Also, the line is usually pretty long, so prepare to whip out your dad-like waiting-in-line games. It's going to be a long wait, but I promise the ride will not disappoint. To make things even more tempting, there's a part that (occasionally) has fire shoot out! What's cooler than that? Beats me.

2. Tatsu

If you can get past the idea that you're harnessed into a seat facing the ground and suspended hundreds of feet in the air, then this ride is for you. In fact, if you manage to relax (it took me around 2-3 rides to "relax" and not feel like I was going to die), then it feels like you're flying! Actually, though. You're looking down, riding among the trees, the wind is in your face… it's the best feeling ever.

3. CraZanity

This is less of a conventional ride at Six Flags-- it's not a rollercoaster, but rather a giant oscillating swing. If you've been to the Santa Monica Pier, it's like the dragon boat ride there, on crack. You swing so high you feel like you're gonna die, but the view, feeling, and everything else going on at the same time is so amazing that you don't really care about the dying part.

4. Twisted Colossus

This ride also usually has a super long line, but the ride is very worth it in my opinion. It's worth it because, in a way, the ride "repeats" itself. You go up on one track and then come back down on another, and then proceed to go through the whole track again through this different (but similar) parallel track from the first. Sometimes, as you inch your way up towards the top before the drop (spoilers, oops) you'll pass another car simultaneously going up the other track! Make sure to be awkward and say hi!

5. Goliath

I always go on Goliath first because it usually has the shortest line. I don't understand why-- it's such a thrilling ride. The drop at the beginning always gets me. It feels as if it's lasting forever (in the worst and best way possible.) You get the butterflies all the way from your toes up to your forehead. Sometimes I feel like my stomach flies into my brain on the drop part. It's super fun and also deathly scary at the same time. The rest of the ride has a lot of turns, where you also feel like you're going to fall off the track. It's scary at the moment, but after you see that you come out alive, I promise you're going to want to go on it again.

In conclusion, all rides at Six Flags are super fun, but these 5 mentioned above are well worth the wait. As for honorary mentions, Superman, Drop of Doom, Batman, Full Throttle, and Scream are all viable options as well, but just not my personal favorites. This is either because the line length outweighs the "fun level" of the ride, or the ride just doesn't compare to the top 5 mentioned above. Ultimately, on really busy days, you may only be able to get on 4 or 5 rides. So choose wisely, and prepare to die from an overload of adrenaline and excitement.