The Best Mac 'N' Cheese Recipes

The Best Mac 'N' Cheese Recipes

From Kraft copycats to grown-up versions, no one can resist mac 'n' cheese!

73
The Best Mac 'N' Cheese Recipes
The Food Lab

Mac 'n' cheese: the best meal on the planet? This may be a source of controversy (my dad calls it glorified gruel), but when done right, macaroni and cheese is delicious. Versatile, too! In honor of the food that's good any time of day or night, I've compiled a list of recipes: some simple, some a little fancier. No matter your taste, any of these are sure to be a winner!

1. Creamy Macaroni and Cheese

This recipe is my personal favorite. Whenever my best friend and I go to a concert, it's a tradition that we have mac 'n' cheese before we go. It is, as the name suggests, incredibly creamy, and has a lot of cheese. Not too healthy, though, so maybe just a once in a while thing! The only thing I omitted was the dash of cayenne pepper, but I'm sure it would be good with the bit of spice as well!

2. Healthy Mac and Cheese

This recipe definitely cuts down on the fats of the first recipe. Butternut squash replaces some of the butter and adds color to the dish. It also has onions and chicken broth in it as well, which will add flavor. The ingredients also mention that gluten-free noodles can be used, which is true in any recipe!

3. Copycat Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner

Fans of the good ol' boxed mix, rejoice! This recipe copycats the flavor of Kraft's famous macaroni and cheese dinner without the preservatives. This recipe uses cheese powder like the box does, and has about as many ingredients as the boxed mix. There are also directions for making this meal in a pressure cooker as well as stovetop.

4. Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese

This recipe couldn't be easier. The use of cheddar cheese soup is a unique one, but is sure to lend a creaminess to the dish! This recipe also adds dried mustard powder, which is a common ingredient if you're fond of a tang to your sauce. Busy people love crock pot meals, and this one is no exception!

5. Bacon Mac & Cheese

The addition of bacon and a jalapeño pepper give this recipe a more "grown-up" taste. Of course, the jalapeño can always be omitted to make this recipe all about the bacon! Velveeta cheese is also used for part of the cheese flavor of this dish, which will create a lastingly creamy sauce that won't get as gritty if reheated in the microwave.

6. The Best Vegan Gluten Free Mac 'N' Cheese

The blogger that created this recipe is notoriously good at creating vegan recipes, and this macaroni and cheese recipe is no exception. Lactose intolerant pasta enthusiasts, rejoice! Some of these ingredients may prove a little pricey, but the almond milk and vegan parmesan cheese make it enjoyable for even the most lactose and gluten-free individuals.

7. One-Bowl Microwave Macaroni and Cheese

As a college student, I just couldn't resist throwing in some dorm room food hacks. This macaroni and cheese recipe is inexpensive and can be made in the microwave, two college kid blessings! It also mentions that macaroni and cheese is versatile, suggesting a bunch of add-ins to make this meal your own!

8. Baked Macaroni and Cheese

For those of us with access to an oven, this recipe is sure to be a hit! With few ingredients, this blogger's recipe allows you to let your oven do most of the work for you. This recipe doesn't have a breadcrumb topping, either, so gluten-free people can just replace their pasta with gluten-free elbows and still enjoy!

9. White Mac 'n' Cheese

This recipe is certainly a unique one! It uses almond milk and coconut oil, uncommon ingredients but sure to create a taste that is off the beaten path. It also uses cream cheese along with two other white cheddars to create a flavorful blend without the orange color!

10. Grown Up Mac and Cheese

For the final recipe, I threw in something that isn't for the Kraft-flavor favoring individuals. This recipe is one of the pricier, featuring thick-cut bacon and more expensive cheeses like Gruyere. It also has a bit of blue cheese for a different flavor, and spices like basil to really think outside the box.