Credit: http://auglaizelibraries.org/content/thanksgiving-craft
Pin It
// At Hunter College

11 Reasons Why Thanksgiving Is the BEST Holiday

It's not just about the turkey.

Add to Collection

To add this article to a collection, you must be logged in.

There's a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. We got through another semester of college (or survived our first) and we only have a few more weeks of school until winter break. Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays. Here's why:

1. The food

Who doesn't love free delicious food? You can only eat that much and not be judged once a year, so stuff your face!

2. Thanksgiving Eve

It's no secret that Thanksgiving eve is one of the biggest nights to go out. Whether you go out to a bar, club, or stay in, go out and party! Just make sure you don't show up too hungover for Thanksgiving dinner.

3. High school friends

You may have not seen your bestie since this summer! The reunion is a long time coming and you've been counting down the days for the past month until you can see your best friends and fill them in.

4. Your pets

Some students haven't been home since the semester started, so cuddling with your furry friend is going to be one of the best parts of this next week.

5. It's the calm before the storm

When we get back from Thanksgiving break we're only a few short weeks from winter break, which means finals are quickly approaching. You better take these few days to relax because once December hits, it's finals.

6. Christmas

After Thanksgiving starts it's Christmas season! Though most of us have already added the Christmas music station on Pandora already it's officially an appropriate time to bring out the decorations and blast "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey.

7. Old family recipes

There's so much food on the table that even if turkey isn't your thing you'll be sure to find at least three other plates to make up for the one that you don't like.

8. Friendsgiving

Even though it's a made-up holiday and just an excuse for you and your friends to stuff your faces, it's a great day to celebrate with your friends to show them how thankful you are for them.

9. The leftovers

The leftovers are just as good as the actual meal. The next day, or even later that night (no judgement), you can make the best turkey sandwich with a side of your aunt's mashed potatoes. If you have the will power you might even be able to bring some back to school with you.

10. The nap after

The food coma after dinner is probably one of the best naps you'll ever take in your life. Treasure it until next Thanksgiving

11. Family

They might be crazy and annoying at times, but there's no one else you'd rather spend your Thanksgiving with.

Media Major

Like Odyssey on Facebook