Best Hobo Johnson Lyrics
Music

9 Songs That Will Prove Hobo Johnson Is The Realest Lyricist Out There

If you haven't heard Hobo Johnson yet, you are definitely missing out on some one-of-a-kind music.

13662
hobo johnson

Hobo Johnson & The Lovemakers is a band from California. You can describe their music as hip-hop, or maybe hip-hop mixed with folk-punk. But really, no labels can represent what their music truly is. It is inspiring and sad, hopeful and full of despair. Hobo Johnson's music is an amazing representation of true life.

Some people can be turned off by the yelling within their music, but I believe it makes it that much more authentic. No matter what you think about Hobo Johnson, they have proven they're not going away anytime soon. As their current tour continues to sell out at many venues and their videos on YouTube and Facebook keep climbing in views, Hobo Johnson continues to spread their truthfulness and positivity across the globe.

1. "Romeo & Juliet"

"I'm sure that I've prepared you for every guy you'll date, and every guy you'll marry, and every guy you'll hate."

"I brush the bangs behind her lovely little ear, as she describes in detail how the end is truly near. Wow, and I'm sure that we can do this for forever or until we drink the poison, 'cause she sees some cloudy weather."

"In my dreams, my kids are happy and I know that they won't mind one Christmas."

"In my memory, I can hear Chopin's nocturnes playing in the background. A slow trainwreck, you'll close your eyes but forever hear the sound, and boy, it's tough cause that's the sound of people falling out of love."

2. "Demarcus Cousins & Ashley"

"I love you like the stars love lonely eyes on seven consecutive Friday nights... I love you like my dad loved my mom before they realized they don't love each other at all!"

"I love you like the bird hates November or just really really rainy windy weather. I love you like America loves to f*** things up and cops love to do things, that is super unnecessary! Really look into the real history America has f****** caused a lot of problems for the general world."

3. "Father"

"He told me son beware, of the monsters that roam the depths of your head. Sometimes they'll make you real sad or real real mad, or real real jealous and that's real real bad."

"Boy breathe nicotine until you fall asleep like all of our family."

"My father's married to a shape-shifting monster who can sometimes take the form of a really really really nice woman and although it seems super f****** frightening sometimes this scary monster makes a really really great vanilla pudding."

4. "Creve Coeur 1"

"Hi, says the girl with the right eyes that pairs pretty well when she hits you with the soft smile. You can kind of tell that something's going on but she's like a Skrillex song that never drops, she'll never talk. She'll never talk about the feelings that she felt today, better kept it inside of a fence, inside of a cage, inside of a safe that's safe for her cause they, they just hurt and she don't know why that God has sauntered."

"Hold me closely, I don't think you should love me. I always feel so lonely knowing that nothing lasts forever."

5. "The Ending"

"She said, 'You're like the weird guy in all the movies, who turns into the hero at the end and gets the girl' and I was like, 'Shut your mouth.'"

"I'm gonna take over your heart as soon as I get the balls to try. Imma re-arrange the alphabet and then take 'U' and 'I' and put a bit of space between 'em and hope that nobody cries."

"Your life isn't fair. Life is like a fair that only lets in white people with blue eyes and blond hair and big tits and small waists. Let's cut-paste the same face, the same smile, the same type that's been stuck here for a while."

6. "Jesus Christ"

"Momma, I've been feeling so alone. Mommy said she's busy working, spending time with that other guy. But Momma, I just wanna come home. 'But home is where your heart is, boy, at least you've got a phone.'"

"And father, I just don't know what to make, you know of all these tiny specks with so much shit to f****** say. And father, I just hope that we don't fall apart and break it'd be great if we didn't relive 1938 to '45."

"Jesus Christ, you're super nice I'm sure that you could love me even if I don't go to church every Sunday. Jesus Christ, you're super nice, how could you let me burn?"

7. "Sex in the City"

"But if you're beautiful from birth, do you really have the courage of a woman picked on for her girth? Ever since she was a kid — and you know how kids work, up until she was a full-grown adult."

"So I'm not a baby maker looker, but maybe I am to a woman that really loves me for who I am."

"Hey missus, could you take me to a world where nothing else exists except the contents of our soul and there we'll talk... or y'know Instagram DM works too."

8. "3%"

"They said it's a three-percent chance that I'm gonna make it. That's a little bit less than what it is in my mind but it's ok, I think I can take it."

"But I think that they'll love me even if my soul is tainted and ugly. Tainted enough where no one should ever want stuff from me but I'm lucky, lovely people say such nice things for no reason."

9. "Peach Scone"

"Oh, you got a man? Are you in love? If so, what type? Is it just platonic, strictly just as friends or the type that ties you two together 'til tomorrow's end? If it is, disregard every time I call you pretty though it's meant sincerely it's just my imagination drifting. Brush me off like the dirt on Jay-Z's shoulders so I fall to ground, collect myself and get ready to take over your heart...or at least your spare time."

"Man, I love the thought of being with you or maybe it's the thought of not being so alone. I don't know, the second one's way sadder than the first one but, I don't know..."

When I first heard "Peach Scone," I was in a pretty rough place in my relationship. "Maybe it's the thought of not being so alone," helped me get through the craziness that I was in as well as my breakup afterward. As I continued to listen to his music, I used it to help heal. You can feel the pain in his voice, especially in the live sessions. I believe his music can also help start a conversation in mental health or general emotional health. These things that he discusses are either directly or indirectly truly issues in today's society, such as people not treating others as humans and general dismissal of other people's points of view. Hobo Johnson's music is honest in a kind way and something that this world really needs, especially nowadays when tension across the world is high.