The Best Of Gabriel Iglesias

The Best Of Gabriel Iglesias

Let's bring him back to Monmouth.

351
The Best Of Gabriel Iglesias
www.sodahead.com

Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias is hands down one of the funniest comedians around, and a personal favorite of mine. The guy is just simply as funny as they come, and it comes from the source material of his jokes. Almost all of his jokes come from his own personal experiences, which makes them feel real and easy to relate to. Add in the fact that he has great impersonation skills and sound effects, and you have the perfect comedian.

Back in 2011, a few years before I was a student at Monmouth University, Mr. Iglesias performed in Pollak Theatre. As a huge fan, and someone who has not seen him perform live, I would have been the first one in line to get a ticket. Fast forward to today, and there are no plans for Iglesias to perform at Monmouth. I would like to change that. This is the start of my campaign to bring Iglesias back to West Long Branch. We want you to come back Gabriel, along with your hilarious comedy and spot-on impersonations. #MonmouthGetsFluffy

So in honor of the #MonmouthGetsFluffy campaign, let us take a look at some of Gabriel Iglesias’ finest work. Here are my top five favorite Gabriel Iglesias jokes.

5. Drive-thru Voices

Ok so who here wouldn’t love to mess with someone by using a crazy voice when ordering at a drive-thru? Iglesias puts his voice changing abilities at the heart of this joke and it works to perfection. The crazy laugh he uses makes it that much better. To top things off, the face he makes when he pulls up to the window is downright hilarious.

4. Hotel Check-in

Is that Iglesias with an I? Mr. Iglesias’ impression of a hotel clerk is one of his best. He brings it up in several jokes, but it is from this particular joke that it started. Originals are usually the best, and it shows here.

3. Six Levels of Fatness

You got big, healthy, husky, fluffy, damn and oh Hell no! Originally five levels, the introducing of the sixth level comes in the form of a pretty funny story. We all know that cramped feeling of being in an elevator. Nothing makes it worse than seeing a large human being approaching after you get in one. I know I’d be pushing that close button as fast as I could if I was in that situation.

2. On the Set of "Magic Mike"

The birth of Gabriel’s best impression. He does a spot-on impression of actor Matthew McConaughey. Whenever I try to impersonate McConaughey, I actually do an impression of Iglesias doing an impression of McConaughey. It is that good. Alright!

1. Krispy Kreme

Who doesn’t love a good Krispy Kreme donut? So what could go wrong with getting a box of donuts on the way home? Getting pulled over and having to sit in your car with the box of donuts next to you fits that bill. And the longer you wait the more tempting the donuts become. So sure enough, after waiting and waiting, you give in and crack open the box. And all of a sudden you hear, “Do you know why I pulled you over?” So obviously, your first instinct would be to say, “Because you can smell it!!” as you hold up the donuts to the window!

If you have not seen any of these jokes performed, I highly suggest you take a few minutes and look them up on Youtube right now. It's alright, the article isn't going anywhere, I'll wait right here. Done? So now you have seen for yourself, Gabriel Iglesias is just a downright hilarious human being. Join the movement and bring him back to Monmouth! #MonmouthGetsFluffy

Gabriel, if you are out there somewhere reading this (sorry in advance, but I’m going to tweet this at you so many times you are going to be sick of me), please come back to MU. We have a fresh batch of students who did not get to enjoy your comedy in person. I promise there will be plenty of chocolate cake, and even some fantastic doughnuts. You have to come back simply so you can try some of Broad Street Dough Co. donuts, which are even better than Krispy Kreme. So what do you say Gabriel? Can I get an “Alright, alright, alright”! #MonmouthGetsFluffy