My 5 Best Friends And How They've Impacted My Life

These girls are the people that have shaped my life in ways that I could never imagine.

135

I have stayed friends with these girls for the past 5-10 years. They are my day ones, and I wanted to share about how they have made me the woman I am today.

1. Rachel

Unsplash

Rachel teaches me how to be real.

Rachel is the friend that I have had since elementary school. We were best friends when we were younger because we played soccer and were in the same Girl Scout troop. We drifted apart when we got to middle school and in the beginning of high school, but around our Junior year, we found one another again. We caught up with our lives and picked up where we left off. Ever since then, she has been one of my best friends and there for me in the hardest times in my life. Through every break-up and accomplishment in my career, Rachel has been the one that motivates me to follow my heart and challenges me every day with questions about what I truly want in life. She puts everything in perspective and asks me if I am being true to myself. Rachel is one of the most genuine people on this Earth. She is true to herself and doesn't let others change who she is. She continues to inspire me every day to make my life choices for me and to focus on what I want so I won't be swayed by other people.

2. Liz

Unsplash

Liz teaches me how to be humble.

Liz is someone who has a radiant personality but doesn't brag about it. She is one of the most humble and selfless people I have ever met and teaches me how to elicit beauty without boasting about it. I met Liz in my freshman year of high school. We were on the high school swim team together. Granted, she was a lot better than me and ten times faster, but she always made me feel like I was the fastest person on the team. She also never used her greatness on the team to make herself feel better. Even though everyone knew her as the best swimmer at the school, she still made everyone else feel amazing and was so humble about her achievements. Liz is still one of my best friends today and still makes everyone around her feel special and confident. She is a loyal friend, and I admire her for being such an amazing person but not showing an inch of selfishness at any time.

3. Megan

Unsplash

Megan teaches me how to love.

I met Megan when I was in elementary school. We knew of each other, then became good friends in middle school in band class. When high school rolled around, we continued to stay friends and to this day are best friends. Megan has always been a passionate person. She does everything with her whole heart and is very dedicated and caring. If there is one thing that Megan has taught me, it has been to love with every ounce of me. Every relationship she has been in, both a boyfriend or friendship, she gives it her everything. She is one of the most caring people I have ever met and never fails to make me and everyone around her feel loved. Everything she does is because she cares and because she loves so deeply. She also is not afraid to stand up for herself and for her loved ones and to protect them at all costs. She puts the people she loves first and will reach out to ensure that everyone feels secure or is doing okay, which is something that I love.

4. Reed

Unsplash

Reed teaches me how to live.

Although I only just met Reed when I was a junior in high school, she has had the same impact on my life as my other best friends. If there was one word to describe Reed, it would be spontaneous. Reed teaches me and everyone around her to not take anything in life too seriously and to live in the moment. Every time I'm with her, she is always smiling and loving on life around her. It is contagious to want to live this lifestyle when you spend a day or even an hour with Reed. She constantly puts me in a better mood and helps me get my mind off of hard times or stress-related feelings. Reed is like a breath of fresh air after you've been sitting in your home all day. Along with being a fun and spontaneous person, she also teaches me how to let go and really focus on the important things in life. Something about her is that she doesn't let a lot of negativity get to her, which is a trait that I admire dearly. Because of this, she lives so freely and doesn't let anyone or anything stop her flow.

5. Taylor

Unsplash

Taylor teaches me how to listen.

Last, but certainly not least, I met Taylor my sophomore year of high school through Megan. She and I weren't super close at first, but as time when on, Taylor became one of my closest friends. Taylor is the friend that I can go to about anything. She is such a good listener and doesn't try to intervene with advice or her perspective when I'm venting or crying. She simply holds me and lets me cry or be angry and doesn't judge me for it, either. She also has a very motherly presence and is a comforting person. Although I can talk to all of my friends about anything, Taylor possesses a trait that I have never met in anyone else before. She can almost always sense my feelings right away and knows exactly what I need to hear or what to do at that time of need. Because Taylor is such a good listener, she can always see into everyone's heart. I love how peaceful she is and how she is kind of like my therapist because she calms me down so instantaneously. I talk a lot and like to voice my opinion on things, but Taylor inspires me to want to observe my surroundings and really listen more.

Conclusion

Unsplash

All five of my closest friends - Rachel, Liz, Megan, Reed and Taylor - have shaped me into the woman I am today. Without them, I wouldn't be the Indira that everyone has come to know. All of them have touched my heart in different ways, and I care about them so much. They are the people that I can lean on, have fun with, cry with, drink with, and sit in silence with. Every one of them has inspired me to want to be a better version of myself, and I wouldn't want to share my life and live it with anyone else. They are my backbones and the people that I know will continue to be there for me twenty years down the road. They are my future bridesmaids and some of the people that I care about the most. All five of them are so different from one another but possess such beauty in their own ways. All of them are amazing and strong women that I am so lucky to call my best friends.