Letter to my Best Friend

To My Best Friend, Let's Be Friends For A Long Time

Through the ups, downs, and in-betweens you stood with me, and I love you for it!

437
Lyla Brown

To my wonderful best friend,

Everyone has a best friend, but I was blessed to have you. My silly, funny, brilliant best friend. I am so lucky that you are one of a kind, and that we have a one of a kind friendship!

You know exactly what to say to make me laugh and laugh and laugh. No matter the situation you can crack a joke that makes me giggle. Whether I am having the worst day of my life or having the most impressive streak of good luck, you are always there ready to make me laugh. Nothing can brighten an afternoon like a good Target trip in the middle of the day. You don't mind looking like a fool with me by dressing up in silly outfits in stores. We can cruise the beauty aisle for hours looking for curative face masks or plan out our nonexistent future apartment in the home goods section, no matter the situation you always know how to make me smile.

You are the only one that knows some of the most embarrassing stories about me. You are also the person I turn to when I need advice about my mistakes. Yet, you have never judged me. And there is so much to judge me for. The bad decisions, fashion mistakes, and social faux pas haven't scared you away yet, and I hope you stay around for the millions more to come! Through the irrational, the stupid, the difficult, and the hard times you have always stood by me. There are not enough words for me to explain how much it means to me that I have you to turn to. You are always there for me to babble on and on and on to, and never once have you judged me or invalidated what I felt. And, looking back, there were plenty of chances for you to judge me endlessly, but you didn't because you're my girl!

But more importantly than all of this, I can't wait to see how you succeed in your life. You have so much drive and passion and love behind everything you do. With all of these amazing traits you bring to the table I cannot wait to see how far you will go. You are easily one of the most brilliant people I know, and I aspire to learn like you do. I aspire to be as understanding and as caring as you. I aspire to be half as well dressed as you. I aspire to be as funny as you are. Most importantly I aspire to have even a small fraction of your confidence. Over the time of our friendship, you have taught me how to shake off the little things, and grow from the big ones. You have taught me how to laugh off insecurities and laugh at my awkward situations. The thing that amazes me every day is your confidence in who you are as a person. You approach every day with a new perspective and outlook, and it never ceases to amaze me. You are truly a person that I aspire to be, and I cannot wait to see all of the amazing things you do in the future.

Looking to the future, I hope that we remain, friends until we are old and frail and all our teeth fall out. I look forward to being the cool 'aunt' to your kids because we all know that I am not responsible enough for my own. I look forward to seeing where life takes us and our friendship. There are many big things in our lives to come that will be unexpected but, there is one thing I do know, we will be friends for a very very very long time, and I am so extremely grateful for this fact.