A Letter To My Best Friend

A Letter To My Best Friend

A reminder of my love for the times when long distance separates us.

172
A Letter To My Best Friend
Alexandra Nikas

Dear Weirdo,

Thank you for everything you have ever done for me. I would never be the person I am today without your help and influence. Thank you for showing me the world through your eyes. For showing me that I am a beautiful person, even if I don’t feel it some days. Thank you for standing up for me when no one else would. Thank you for always laughing at my horrible jokes even if they weren’t as funny as I thought. Thank you for cheering me up on my darkest days by spraying whipped cream everywhere and eating all of the brownies in your pantry, because what else are best friends for?

I know we don’t live as close as we used to, but 332 miles won't stop our friendship. I am always a FaceTime call or text away. Being best friends also entitles us to ugly Snapchat duels and forever triple texting each other to get the others attention. Always, I need to be the first to know all of the essential guy drama you have been dealing with. Your drama is my drama, and if anyone hurts you they have to go through me.

Just remember if you ever need anything, I am here, and I will always be here. I will always be your friend, sister or whatever you need me to be. I am always free to cook you breakfast in the morning and am always open for impromptu adventures. However, if you would like to run at 8 a.m., I will more than likely say no 10 out of 10 times.

Honestly, I don’t know what I would do without you. Even though we have little disagreements, sometimes that’s normal. We settle it out by giving each other food, the typical college student way. But, whatever we get mad at each other for, we will always get over it, and I will always be here for you.

Also, I would like to thank your family for treating me as one of their own. I would like to thank them for loving me as if I was their fourth adopted daughter. I appreciate everything they have ever done for me. I would like to thank them for letting me get to know their daughter as well as I have.

Our friendship is something that I treasure and will never take for granted. I can easily say I consider you my family, and I will always have space for you in my heart. I love you.

Sincerely,

Your best friend