To My Best Friend Before She Leaves

To My Best Friend Before She Leaves

Adios, Suz!

436
To My Best Friend Before She Leaves
Photo By Bonnie O'Connor

In just a few short weeks ill be saying goodbye for 6 months to my best friend and go-to gal. Suz has been by my side for 4 years, but is soon departing on her greatest adventure of all; SPAIN!

Suz is the most servant, loyal, and compassionate person I've ever known. To know her truly is to love her.

Her friendship has been such a gift to me, and everyone around us. To tell you more about how AMAZING my best friend is, here's an open letter to her.

Suz,

I just want to first say that I am SO EXCITED for you and this next chapter of your life. I am 100% confident that the Lord has called you to Spain to change some lives and spread His word. You have the most amazing heart for the Lord and are so obedient. You have taught me what it looks like to follow God wholeheartedly and show His grace to others. I cannot thank you enough for being someone who I know undoubtedly is surrounding me with prayer and encouragement.

How crazy is it that we became friends as 15-year-olds and now we're taking on adult life together?! You have been such a blessing to me and all of your friends and I know you will continue to be even from Spain. You are uplifting, supporting, a confidant, and the most people-person person I know. You inspire me every day to be more serving, more intentional, and more giving.

I have not quite fully grasped the idea that I will have to face a semester without you here in Athens. I'll miss having you around and having you as a roomie, but you can count on me to still send you funny tweets and FaceTime you with the scoop. I can't wait to hear about all of your stories and adventures and how many lives you change.

This is going to be your best experience yet I know it!

Love you always my forever friend!

Bon

Also... just want to hop in here and say I hope everyone finds a Suz in their lives. I fully believe we are who we surround ourselves by. Friendship is one of the biggest gifts we can be given and having a best friend who knows you for better and for worse and continues to encourage, pray, and laugh along with you is a gift for sure. Suz has been this person to me as well as so many others and has impacted lives for the better. She has taught me that being a friend means serving and doing. Being a friend means listening and being real. Being a friend means looking out for each other and supporting each other. Being a friend means laughing together and laughing at each other. Being a friend means praying together and praying for each other.

"The best kinds of friendships are fierce lady friendships where you believe in each other, defend each other, and think the other deserves the world"

Go out into this world and make it yours, Suz!

We love you x1,000,000!