10 Reasons You Can’t Survive Your 20s Without A Real Best Friend

They’re always your person.

77

I can't imagine a day going by without my best friend. From break ups to funny moments, she has to know them all. She's like my better half. While I know I can't survive without her at all, here's 10 reasons why I need her in my 20s.

1. They keep you grounded. 

Before I do anything, I always get her opinion. She lets me know my best options and looks out for me. She tells me what she truly thinks is best for me.

2. You always have a dinner date. 

If your spouse doesn’t want to go out, you know she will. Whether it be Chili’s or eating crab legs at home watching ‘Chrisley Knows Best’, you have that dinner date.

3. They’re honest with you. 

They will let you know if an outfit doesn’t look good before your date or if you need to change your color. They don’t want to hurt your feelings, but they want the best for you.

4. They keep your life full of laughter. 

Whether they send you the funniest Tik Toks or tag you in the craziest Facebook posts, you’re always laughing. They keep you laughing all the time.

5. They act like your mom, but that’s OK. 

Sometimes they act like your mom saying what’s best, but you know they’re looking out for you. Whether they say don’t wear that outfit or don’t go out with that guy. They know what’s best.

6. You always have that person. 

You have that person to have inside jokes with. You have that person you can look at and say one word and burst out laughing.

7. They know all your secrets, but don’t judge. 

Any of your secrets, they know. They don’t judge you because they’re your best friend. It’s almost like free therapy.

8. You know your birthday will always be the best. 

Whether they show up with a donut cake or throw a surprise birthday, you know every birthday will be phenomenal no matter how old you get.

9. They complete you. 

Whether it be you’re thinking about the same restaurant for dinner or end up dying your hair the same color. From finishing each other’s sentences to working at the same place, you complete each other.

10. They always pick you up. 

From finding out your pregnant to going through a breakup, you’re always there for each other. You make sure everything is okay and you reassure each other that it’s going to be okay.