A Letter To My Best Friend Going Abroad For A Year...

Don't forget home, but now is your time and I couldn't be more excited for you!

516
Danielle Hart

Don't forget.

Don't forget who you are and where you come from. Don't forget how you like to spend your early mornings (way too early for anyone else might I add) soaking in the first sun rays of the day holding your mason jar of coffee and fresh oatmeal. Don't forget how much you love cruising on your bike and dancing in the summer breeze, or how much you love your sweet lil' pup and the way she greets you every time you walk in the door. Don't forget driving with the windows down and music full blast all the way home from the best mountain weekends or how late night grocery store runs for ice cream is our favorite thing to do. Don't forget what has made you cry and what brings you the most life and how excited we are to see each other after even a week vacation (I can't even imagine when I'll get to see you when you come home from you adventure). Don't forget how much I and all of the people here at home love and care about you.

But most importantly, don't forget why you chose Europe as your path this next year!

This is your time. This is about you and no body else! While all of these things about home are great and comfortable, this is your time to really get outside of that comfort zone and explore. I hope you take advantage of this opportunity!

Take all of these things you have built your life on and go vulnerably into the world. Open places of your heart that you've been keeping closed and let others in. Your story and where you've come from is powerful and can influence and change other people's lives. You have so much to offer others, and I know this is true because my life would never be as fun and full of adventure without you. I think that it can be easy to forget how important you are and the power you have in this world when thrown into situations where you are completely unknown. But, it also gives you the perfect opportunity to be exactly who you are. And while I'm sad to not have you here for a year, I'm incredibly excited for the world to get to know who you really are!

You are brave, smart, kind, compassionate, driven, loving, freaking hilarious! I could go on for days! You are all things wonderful and incredibly courageous for even thinking about going on this crazy adventure. Don't forget these truths about you or doubt that you can get through this experience! Going abroad is scary, but I know you are going to thrive with this opportunity and that it is going to change your life! Be confident and go in knowing the impact this experience can and will have on your life. A heart as great as yours can change the world, so share it! I can't wait to hear all of the amazing things you are going to do.

Me love you long time & I can't wait for you to come home already!