How To Handle Breaking Up With A Best Friend

Sometimes The Best Friend You Thought Was Forever Sometimes Is Not

Friendships cause heartbreaks too.

549

Losing a best friend is sometimes worse than losing a boyfriend. Best friend breakups are quick, sudden and unpredictable. You swore this day was never going to happen. You were always connected right at the hips, and never apart.

There is not a lot of girls who are best friend material anyways. So, for you to lose someone who you thought was your best friend is insane. You thought you found your forever best friend.

Sadly, that is not the case, and the friendship has faded to pieces. Which is completely OK!

When you lose your best friend you lose all the memories, and all the dark hidden secrets you pinky promised would never be spoken of. You often find yourself wondering who you could possibly talk to about losing the friendship because your number one person is not there.

Everyone portrays guys as the people to shatter your heart, but that is not always the case, best friends shatter your heart in ways that really get you thinking. It gets you thinking, ''why doesn't she like me anymore" and "what did I do wrong."

Friendships form out of nowhere. You can tell all your problems and issues to a classmate, and not even speak to them the following year. You learn the different kinds of friends you develop in your life. You can have coworker friends, school friends and true friends.

Life keeps flying by, and sadly people fade.

When you lose your best friend you lose your shoulder to cry on, your backbone and your partner in crime. When you sit down and talk about life, you talk about your best friend being an aunt to your children or the maid of honor at your wedding.

Everyone portrays friendships as a happy relationship with no problems, but life is not a movie that always has a happy ending.

You reach that stage where you seem to be okay with not talking to them for a couple days or weeks. You see they're having the time of their life without you, so why bother. It seems like they formed new friendships, and formed new interests and you're the back burner now. So, you're upset without any plans on what to do.

Now, you miss them more than ever.

You miss the bond you shared, the memories you had, and the insiders only you two know about. You find yourself wanting to text them or call them, but believe it is best not too. You miss being able to call them whenever you have to tell them something, you see something on Facebook that reminds you of them and you can't tag them, and their generally not your person anymore.

One of the hardest things someone can encounter is losing the person who was a big part of their everyday life. People say friendship lasts forever, but they don't tell you sometimes it doesn't. No matter how the friendship ended, it all hurts equally the same. You might not get over it, but you will get through it.

It is never easy — you are saying goodbye to the person you absolutely adored.

However, you come to the conclusion the friendship is completely over. You both realize, there are more life and happiness than each other. You can hang out with so many more people and develop diverse bonds.

Maybe losing the friendship was the best thing that ever happened. You really never know. Just know they think about you too. Nobody is forgetting years of friendship, we just cherish the memories and the laughter we shared and moved on. It is not horrible and scary because life really does go on.

I personally have met so many more people, and done so many more things. I am happy, I am independent and I am strong. Friendships can be broken, friendships are not long lasting. Reality will always strike and you just never know.

Regardless of the issues, always remember that was your best friend at one point of your life.

Do not judge them for their choices they make right now, the friends they hang out with and or the person they are becoming. Be supportive of all their choices and options. Never downgrade them because you're mad and sad.

Life is always changing, and time never stops. Don't dwell on the past. Focus on the future, and focus on your happiness. Reminisce on the memories, but don't live off the memories. You will be okay.

"We started with a simple hello, and ended with a complicated goodbye".