To My Best Friend Who I Failed

To My Best Friend Who I Failed

You were there for me and I was never there in return, for that I am sorry.

2897
To My Best Friend Who I Failed

I think (or rather, hope) that we are all lucky enough to have that one friend who is by your side through everything. The best friend that is there during your brightest and darkest days. I know that I was one of the lucky ones and I like to think that I had the best of the best. However, I know that I was not the greatest friend in return, and for that I am sorry.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I was never as good to you as you were to me. You were there for me always whether you were angry with me for being stupid or just letting me cry to you when I was sad. You were the best friend I ever had. You sat and listened to the countless hours of me crying and complaining about boy problems or being broken because of sickness. You made sure that I knew that I deserved the world. You understood me when nobody else could. You were always there.

Unfortunately, when my turn came to be that friend in return, I failed. You deserved for me to sit on the phone with you until you were ready to go back and fight the world again. You deserved for me to talk you through girl issues and comfort you through sickness. But I didn't. I didn't because I was going through a selfish time, a time that I am not proud of. Especially, because I lost you, my best friend.

I miss you every day. I miss that I could text you or call you about the dumbest or craziest things. I miss having you to accompany me to school. I miss driving you crazy. You were my best friend and I am so very sorry that I was never a good best friend in return.

Just know, that I am here, ready for a do-over whenever you can let me back in. I promise that this time I won't be selfish and I'll be the friend you deserved. I miss you best friend. I miss all of our late night conversations and Jesus talks. I promise to encourage you like you encouraged me.

I'll be here waiting,

Your forever friend.