To My Best Friend Who Deserves More

To My Best Friend Who Deserves More

"A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked." - unknown

11
To My Best Friend Who Deserves More
Personal Photo

Relationships, break ups, false hopes given. When is the line drawn? When is it time to walk away and say enough is enough? When do we say no, I am finally done here? It is difficult enough going through this yourself but seeing your best friend go through it is somehow even harder. We love and care for them but it seems almost impossible to help them from over 200 miles away.

To my best friend who deserves more,

Stop. Stop answering the texts, the calls, the Facetimes. It is not going to be any different this time than it was from the last time. I know it is hard to understand and sometimes comprehend why such a bad person would be put in your life but just know it was to teach you something. Someone like him does not deserve you, someone like him is not worthy of your love and affection.

He promises that he is different this time, that he has changed. He hasn't. He is the same person he has always been and will act different until he gets what he wants. Do not fall for it. The more chances you give him the more he will disappoint you because he is a bad person. He does not care who he hurts in the process as long as he gets what he wants.

You deserve the world and the stars, not some loser who only cares about you when it is convenient. Someone who makes you laugh and never cry, quite the opposite of what is currently occurring. Someone who never makes you question your worth and instead reminds you of how wonderful you are. Someone who sees you like I see you, someone who realizes you are one of the most human beings to ever be born.

We question why bad people are put into our lives and it is so we can grow from it. If this has taught you anything I hope it is to stop giving chance after chance when it is undeserved. Through it all, I hope you know that I am always just a phone call away, even if we are states apart. I will always be there for you through the different boys and heartbreak. You are the second sister i never had and I hope you one day you look in the mirror and realize you are worth so much more than this.

-Your BFF