It is without a doubt I can say that friendships in college are unlike any other.
You’re adults, but only kind of; with classes, extracurriculars, and unnatural levels of stress being just a few of your common denominators. Even if you haven’t sent these exact messages, I can confidently say that if you and your best friend are both living the college life together, you will relate. If you AREN’T in college, expecting to read these and relate, I’m so sorry if this is how you figure out just how weird college students (or maybe just me and my friends) can be.Without further ado, here are some of my favorite lines exchanged from this semester alone:
1. "I only have $4 in my account, but I really want queso. If we split queso, I can afford it and not be in negative money"
2. "Hell yeah brother" "Yee yee"
Are we frat guys? Or country boys? The world may never know.
3. "I literally hate everything"
4. "No, really, I hate everyone. Except for you. I love you"
5. "Come over I miss you, I haven't seen you since yesterday"
6. "I'm going to die if I don't see you soon"
Are you catching on to the trend that we are each other's only friends, and we have separation issues?
7. "Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for being my mom, you know, that one time...and every day for that matter"
8. "Ya know. We may be crappy people. But only PARTIALLY crappy. Other people are way worse"
9. "Let's go out tonight." "I can't, I have to close at work." "Just quit your job and let's go out tonight."
10. "I am literally starving. Let's get food"
12. "Why are boys so dumb?" "Why is everyone so dumb?"
13. "I just don't understand why we didn't get an A on that econ test. We studied for it." "Right? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that we took Buzzfeed quizzes during all of his lectures"
14. "What would I do without you? I'd literally die without you."
15. "Can I skip class today? No? Okay you're right"
16. "Let's drop out and move to the beach."
17. "What if Jeff were spelled with a ph? Ya know, like Jephph." "Yea, and then if he had a PhD it would be JephphD"
Maybe that's initially weird...but think about it.
18. "What were you doing all day you didn't text me" "Sleeping"
19. "TEXT ME BACK IT'S AN EMERGENCY"
Is it ever, though?
and for my personal favorite...
20. "I love you so much, now let's get queso"
I'm hoping we aren't the only crazy college kids that have ever sent texts like this, but even if we are I wouldn't change it for the world.