Best Songs To Listen To When You Need A Good Cry

15 Epic Songs Every Girl Needs To Listen To When A Good Ugly Cry Is Just What The Doctor Ordered

Everyone needs a self-indulgent cry once in a while. Don't forget the chocolates!

326
E! Entertainment

Fall is the perfect time for your cry appointment. What is a cry appointment, you ask? Well, it's a term I invented that everyone should start using this instant! Inspired by the term d*ck appointment, a cry appointment is a designated time to cry instead of a designated time to...well, you know. The essentials include a great place to cry, wine, chocolate, and some music. Music. That's where this article comes in! My favorite places to cry, in no particular order, are: the shower, the sauna at the gym when no one is there, and while I'm driving (which is incredibly dangerous and I should really stop doing this).

In my opinion, there is no time to cry better than fall. Some might argue that winter is a better time to cry, especially if you're alone at the holidays. My response to that is that right now during fall, I'm still alone, but I don't have access to a constant supply of Christmas cookies and no one is giving me presents. So, Christmas is just not as sad as fall. In Spring there is no reason to cry other than not being ready for swimsuit season because of the aforementioned Christmas cookies, but who doesn't love flowers and warmer weather!? Summer is the best season ever and the only reason to cry is because it's coming to an end.

Fall is the clear leader as the crying season due to its melancholy nature (nature, fall, leaves, see what I did there?). Homecoming season is just a reminder to me that I'm not actually home, and the leaves falling remind me that everything comes to an end. And that we are getting older. And that change is constant. And that we all die. Someone needs to tell this season to take a hike and ~leaf~ us alone (and then take a perfect Fallish Instagram pic at the top of the mountain in a pumpkin-colored sweater).

If you're not convinced that it's time to light up your new autumn-harvest-pumpkin-cinnamon-scone-apple-tart-birds-nest-leaf blower-seed-cider-donut-haybale-cozy sweater-plaid- homemade-soup-log-cabin-crisp morning air scented candle (new fragrance available at your local Bed, Bath and Beyond!!). Here are 15 songs to set the tone for your self-indulgent fall cry appointment.

1. "All Too Well" - Taylor Swift

"Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place"

Come on could it get more perfect!? It's mandatory you wear your cutest fall scarf and cry into it while listening to this one.

2."Fix You" - Coldplay 

"When the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?"

Put this one on repeat, he's talking about YOUR tears.

3. "Gravity" - Sara Bareilles

"Something always brings me back to you

It never takes too long"

*Cue the emotional wreckage* And when she hits that last "keeping me down" right before the very end I'm pretty sure I actually feel my heart bleeding out.

4. "She Will Be Loved" - Maroon 5

"Look for the girl with the broken smile

Ask her if she wants to stay awhile"

Deep down, aren't we all beauty queens of only 18 who have some trouble with ourselves?? Also when he says "I know where you hide alone in your car" he is SO talking to me and don't try to tell me any different!

5. "All I Ask" - Adele

"'Cause what if I never love again?"

We all ask ourselves this question. Almost anything by Adele is good for a cry appointment, but to me, this was a stand out choice.

6. "Little House" - Amanda Seyfried

"I love this place

But haunted without you"

This is from the "Dear John" soundtrack and her voice is absolutely perfect on this track.

7. "I Told You So" - Carrie Underwood

"Now I found somebody new and you will never break my heart in two again"

Carrie pours her heart into this one. Let it out baby, let. it. out.

8. "Breathe Me" - Sia

"Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found"

I'm not crying, you're crying.

9. "Stop This Train" - John Mayer

"Stop this train

I want to get off and go home again"

This one will give you shades of years past and time flying by, making you miss home and the good old days, capturing the wistful essence of fall.

10. "I Need a Ride Home" - Carly Pearce

"But I need a ride home

To that little town where I'll always be 16 years old"

This makes me want to carve pumpkins with my dad and be 6 years old again and go back to high school all at the same time.

11. "Dancing Away With My Heart" - Lady Antebellum

"For me you'll always be 18

And beautiful and dancing away with my heart"

Oh man, oh man. This is when you open the second tissue box.

12. "Breathe(2am)" - Anna Nalick

"'Cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable

And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table"

WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME AND EVERYTHING IS ENDING!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!

13. "Somebody To Love" - Kacey Musgraves

"We're all little kids just looking for love"

This hits me hard. Kacey, you're speaking my language.

14. "Five More Minutes" - Scotty McCreery

"Time rolls by the clock don't stop"

Did he really need to sing about his grandpa dying?? Is he trying to end me?

15. "The House That Built Me" - Miranda Lambert

"I thought if I could touch this place or feel it

This brokenness inside me might start healing."

Do you miss trick or treating in your old neighborhood NOW? How bout now?! Definitely by the second verse you do!

And that's all I have for now folks. I could do separate lists for John Mayer, T-Swizzle and Adele but this a good starter playlist for your cry appointment. Go cry your eyes out and make me proud! Before cuffing season, make sure you make the most of crying season! #selfcare #netflixandcrying