Best Concert Venues In The North East

Best Concert Venues In The North East

A list of some venues that have provided a unique experience each time I've visited them.
31

There are many different types of concert venues located across the country with capacities of a hundred people to thousands, meaning there is a place for everyone, regardless of what your taste in music is. You may witness some bands starting at a venue that holds a hundred people on a good day, then working up to the top to perform at a place that thousands of people can attend.

Since I live in New Jersey and can easily travel to Philadelphia or New York City, I have been able to experience venues of all kinds. One I'd like to start off talking about is located in Philadelphia and is pretty much unknown to most concert goers.

1. Everybody Hits

Everybody Hits is actually a batting cage that small concerts are held at every so often. I attended one there in March with about a hundred other people, and it was definitely one of the best concert experience I've ever had. With it being such a small crowd, it felt like a really personal performance and one that I'll never forget.

Smaller, unknown bands are the kind that you'll find here. It's definitely not one to miss out on, regardless if you know the music or not.

2. Starland Ballroom

Starland Ballroom located in Sayreville, New Jersey, is a bigger capacity venue, able to hold around 2,000 people. I've experienced everything from rock to pop punk bands here and have enjoyed it each time. You can get a perfect view regardless of where you're standing inside and parking is easily accessable compared to other venues I've been to in cities.

3. Terminal 5

Terminal 5 in New York City is another mid-size capacity venue, similar to the last one mentioned. This time though, it's decorated in nothing short of the best: chandeliers, eccentric, grand lighting. Anything you would imagine a venue in NYC would look like, this one provides.

4. Festival Pier

Festival Pier, located right next to the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia (once again), is a one-of-a-kind experience. It's located completely outside so, as you watch whatever musical act you choose to see, you can enjoy whatever nature is there. The environment is definitely unique, with the city noises being right in front of the venue gates. You'll hear muffled sounds of cars honking and other background noise during the music. This may sound weird at first, but it truly is great and enjoyable.

5. Theater of the Living Arts

Theater of the Living Arts in good ole' Philadelphia once again, is very similar to Terminal 5 in New York City, but with that Philly flare instead. It's located directly on South Street, which is known for it's many great restaurants and other one-of-a-kind places to shop.

6. Tower Theater

Closing this list off with another one of Philadelphia's bests: Tower Theater. It's been there since the 1970's, so it is definitely considered a historic place too. This venue features a unique and huge balcony. Although most of the venues I mentioned have that too, this venue is not age-restricted in most cases and you usually don't have to pay extra to sit up there. It provides a great view and a completely different experience than any of the other ones mentioned on this list.