These 9 Songs Will Make Your Christmas Season Merry and Bright

Merry Christmas, darling.
48

I have a personal rule that I will not listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. I like to enjoy one holiday at a time. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I am all for Christmas music all the time. I have some personal Christmas favorites that I listen to on repeat. Some of these songs are traditional tunes and some of them are updated and modern. There are many versions of these songs, but these happen to be my preferred versions. Maybe this can add a new holiday song to your Christmas playlist this year.

1. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" as performed by Michael Buble

Michael Buble

You can never go wrong with listening to Buble's Christmas album. As one of the most popular Christmas albums, I'm sure many have at least heard bits and pieces of his versions of Christmas favorites. This particular song happens to be at the top of my list.

2. "Mary, Did You Know?" as performed by Pentatonix

Pentatonix

This version of this classic has a bit of a haunting feeling but is beautiful. Pentatonix can do no wrong with their crystal clear harmonies.

3. "The First Noel" as performed by Josh Groban and Faith Hill

Josh Groban

The beautiful thing about Josh Groban and Faith Hill is that they both simply sing with wholesome and rich vocal tones.

4. "Merry Christmas, Darling" as performed by Leslie Odom, Jr.

Leslie Odom, Jr.

With a voice as silky smooth as butter, Leslie Odom, Jr. revitalizes and breaths new life into this sweet melody.

5. "All I Want For Christmas" as performed by Michael Buble

Michael Buble

Though the Mariah Carey version deserves a shout-out, this one tops it. Buble can do no wrong with this slow and tender take on this beloved Christmas classic.

6. "Little Drummer Boy" as performed by Josh Groban or Pentatonix

Josh Groban

Either of these versions will do. There's something so uplifting about these versions.

7. "Cold December Night" by Michael Buble

Michael Buble

Clearly, I listen to a lot of Michael Buble. Can you blame me? This original is simply sweet and heartwarming. It nicely reflects the innocence and pure excitement that come with the holiday season.

8. "That's Christmas To Me" by Pentatonix

Pentatonix

This original tune truly reflects the heart of what Christmas is. If you need a warm fuzzy, this is the song for you.

This song is meant to just reflect the true meaning of season. It's celebratory while being gentle. A soothing tune, listen to this one during the peaceful holiday times.

9. "The Christmas Song" as performed by the Carpenters

CarpentersAn old classic, who can go wrong with a Carpenters version.

This holiday season, put on your favorite Christmas tunes and enjoy your time with family and friends. I'm so glad we can finally get in the holiday spirit.