The Best Christmas Album Ever

The Best Christmas Album Ever

6
The Best Christmas Album Ever
nlpro

There are many Christmas albums out there but the best yet has to be Michael Buble's album, Christmas. The album brings together old songs from the past and even some newer ones with little tweaks that make it just right for the holiday season. Here are a few songs from the album and my reasons on why they make the album so wonderful.

1. Blue Christmas - Originally sang by Elvis Presley, Michael Buble artfully combines some of the original style of the song with a gorgeous bluesy jazz sound. He keeps the spirit of Elvis alive in this wonderful adaptation of the song.

2. It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas - The very beginning of the song sets the mood with the sounds of magical winter wonder and it continues throughout the piece. The song really brings through the child in yourself full of amazement.

3. All I Want For Christmas Is You - This one might cause me some wars but I have to add it. A lot of people love the original version by Mariah Carey but I love this one way better. It is a whole lot simpler than the Mariah Carey version. No extra riffs. No really high notes. Just plain and simple. Michael Buble makes it where the song is sweet and romantic with a note of longing for that one special person. It is a well executed version of a very popular Christmas pop tune.

4. Ave Maria - I may not know the history of the song or very many versions of other people singing this tune, but the sheer delicateness of the piece brings joy to my ears. The simpleness of a harp playing in the back when Michael Buble starts singing brings such beauty to the piece. Just to add a little nerdiness, his articulation of the latin words are ,for the most part, pretty crisp and clean. The song almost brings in the medieval or renaissance vibe to where I can imagine myself sitting in a cathedral listening to it being sung live.

5. Cold December Night - This one is my ultimate favorite from the entire album. This song is the song to fall in love to. With a upbeat yet calm tempo, you can imagine being close to someone that you have been wanting to see or be with it. Finally getting that kiss you have been waiting for forever. I wish I could explain how it makes me feel in words but it is so hard. It is practically a romantics perfect song for the Christmas season to fall in love to.

This album is everything a person needs for the Christmas season. Classy updates of older songs to songs that are perfect to fall in love to. If you have not listened to this album, go do it NOW. Fall in love and in magical wonder all over again.