An Open Letter to My Best Bud
Religion

An Open Letter to My Best Bud

243
An Open Letter to My Best Bud

To my very best bud,

I'm sure you'll roll your eyes or shake your head in disagreement at this letter, but I promise it's the truth and nothing less.

This year has been nothing short of a near disaster for me, and you have been far more than a blessing in the midst of turmoil. It's not been the easiest for either of us, but this is about you and the things you do for me. There has not been a single moment in the past three hundred and sixty five days that I didn't glance over my shoulder and see you protecting my back, or reach my hand into the darkness only to find you and your guiding light. When I have asked for your support, you showed without hesitation, and you stood stronger than you needed to be as I crumbled at your feet.

Three hundred and sixty five days of no judgement for difficult decisions I needed to make, and a long year of knowing when to nudge me back onto the path you knew I had strayed from. You set an example of the person I strive to be, and have allowed me to change drastically both good and bad with the seasons of emotion without ever expecting me to be any sort of person other than the person I need to be. You always allow my problems to become yours, and I can't stress enough how important you have made me feel in knowing that I am never alone in life.

Thank you for the best worst year of my life. For always agreeing to my outrageous ideas and shenanigans, and for sharing your warming laugh with me day in and day out, even if it's through teary eyes. Thank you for loving me on those days when I was far from reach, and for hugging me a little harder on the days I seemed fine but you knew I wasn't.

This is my thanks to God too, for bringing such a phenomenal woman into my life with the blessing of being a best friend. I confidently believe God knew that I needed you in my life, and God willing, that is where I hope you'll stay for many more great years and laughs.

This letter to you is short in comparison to the words I'd really like to write, but sometimes short and sweet, minute by minute, is the way to go. I pray for another year of greatness for us, but most importantly for you. You deserve far more than this world can give you, but I know how strong and determined you are and you make the best of absolutely anything. I love you bunches bud, and thank you from every piece of my battered heart.