10 Book Recommendations That Will Help You Escape From Reality

There is nothing better than cracking open a good book, especially a book that allows you to escape from reality.

128
Aga Putra

There is nothing better than cracking open a good book, especially a book that allows you to escape from reality. Even if it is only for a few minutes at a time, everyone needs that peaceful moment every once in a while. So in order to kick back and relax, I have found that a lot of well-written books that allow me to do so are young adult literature. So here is a list of my top ten favorite young adult pieces.

1. "The Mortal Instruments Series" by Cassandra Clare

This book takes place in New York City in the modern day but when a young redheaded Clary Fray runs into people who claim to be demon hunters, only after seeing them murder a man in the nightclub, everything she knew about her world comes crumbling down.

2. "The Infernal Devices Series" by Cassandra Clare

This book takes place in the same world as the Mortal Instruments, only a few centuries before and in the Victorian age of London. Demon hunters learning how to get through this odd world of theirs with new species and new social norms.

3. "Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe" by Benjamin Alire Saenz

A young boy named Aristotle who struggles to make friends and break away from a family trauma meets another young free-spirited boy named Dante who starts to make him question everything he thought he was.

4. "Feed" Series by Mira Grant

A thousand years into the future and zombies have become the new normal for these civilians. Bloggers and filmographers try to get the new and exciting story and are willing to risk going into dangerous and infected zones of the city to do so.

5. "Divergent" Series by Veronica Roth

Another dystopian type novel with a girl named Tris trying to decide the rest of her future with only just a few minutes to do so. Her world is split into factions and one test could just be the start of a happy life or the end of the world.

6. "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green

Cancer sucks for teenager Hazel Grace and as much as she is willing to accept it, no one else does. Not even when she meets Augustus Waters, who makes her feel alive once again.

7. "Eleanor and Park" by Rainbow Rowell

Eleanor was the new weird girl in school and Park just wanted to fit in without disturbing the peace. When these two meet, everything shifts around them.

8. "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell

A college girl who has never written anything more than fan fiction based off of her favorite science fiction series fights against the rules set by her creative writing professor on what classifies as plagiarism.

9. "Cinder" by Marissa Meyer

Taking your favorite fairytales to a whole other dark level. Cinder is a half human and half cyborg girl trying to make a living and take care of herself. But it's hard to explain who she is to the prince, who has suddenly taken an interest in her.

10. "Percy Jackson" Series by Rick Riordan

A series full of your favorite Greek mythology while touching on important issues such as mental health, LGBTQ+, family relationships, and the importance of being who you are could just help you save the world.

These were just some of the books I have come to love over the years that have not only helped me but also my close friends. Whether you're having a bad day or just need to treat yourself to a few moments of peace, find your favorite book and let the adventure begin.