Best Big Littles In The Game

Best Big Littles In The Game

What it's like having two littles.
101

Being a sister in a sorority comes with a lot of responsibilities and tasks. I'm a sophomore in the sorority Alpha Epsilon Phi and the new pledge class was just recently initiated on Thursday, April 5th. This is a very exciting time for all chapters at the University of Delaware. Besides becoming a new member of your sorority, there are many other fun events that take place.

One being big little reveal.

During the pledging of Alpha Epsilon Phi, the new pledge class asks the pledge class above them to go on "girl dates." Girl dates signify the bonding and getting to know the new sisters and each other. Girl dates can be one on one or in groups and can happen anywhere such as Perkins Student Center, coffee cafes on Main Street, and anywhere else on campus.

After a few weeks of girl dating and getting to know the new pledge class, the girls get a feel of who they want as their little, or in some cases "littles." Sometimes, if the incoming pledge class is bigger than the one above, there are twins. This year, the new pledge class has 11 more girls, meaning five sets of twins.

After going on many girl dates myself, I was lucky enough to find not one, but two girls who I met and hit it off with. I spent time with the both of them separately, and couldn't imagine not having both of them as my littles. I couldn't even form a thought if they were someone else's littles. No thank you!

I talked to my big Sydney Gropack, g-big, Sydney Cohen, and their pledge moms for some advice. My g-big is a twin herself and gave some inspiration words to me. "Whatever you choose will be great! If you have two littles, it will be double the fun! You'll have two girls who look up to you and that's so nice! But if you only want one then that's also okay! Either way it'll be amazing so just go with your gut." After hearing this, I put a halt to my indecisiveness and went for what I wanted, these two amazing, sweet, and perfect young ladies: Daniela Carillo and Victoria Sedgh.

Most others who are about to become bigs only want one little. Yes, it is nice to put your focus on only one person, however, after going through this process I am happy they both looked up to me and loved me enough to both put me first as their bigs. I have been thrilled since the day I found out. Having both of these girls makes this experience in the sorority ten times better.

Luckily, I did a great job because they love each other just as much as I hope they would, and maybe even more. They are beyond happy to have one another for a good laugh, a shoulder to cry on, and everything in between. I am such a beaming "mother" to have these perfect ladies as my littles, and will definitely be worth the ride.