4 African Countries Perfect For Your Study Abroad Semester
Education

Thinking about studying abroad in the near future? Ditch the typical option of going to Europe and consider a country in the beautiful continent of Africa.

268

Studying abroad is one of the best ways to enhance your college experience. This is because of the fact that studying abroad allows for one to experience another culture and to be able to gain real sense of independence that being in college cannot provide. Often times when people study abroad they go to Europe. While going to Italy and Spain are great study abroad destinations, the continent of Africa is often overlooked. Being the second largest continent on the planet, there is a plethora of opportunities.

Here is a list of four countries in Africa that would be great study abroad locations:

South Africa

c1.staticflickr.com

The southernmost country in the continent is often referred to as the most tourist-friendly destination. With over 14 million people visiting the country each year. This country is a perfect study abroad destination because of its breathtaking geography and diverse culture. In addition, there is plenty to see in the country such as the coastal city of Cape Town and the busy city of Johannesburg.

Kenya 

upload.wikimedia.org

This East African country has roughly 1,500 American students studying abroad every year. This makes it one of the most popular study abroad destinations on the continent and for a good reason. The country is home to some of the most unique wildlife in the world. In addition to this, the geography of the country is fascinating, featuring grassland, desert and a beautiful coastline. Last, it has a diverse population and a rich history.

Morocco 

c1.staticflickr.com

This North African country is the perfect study abroad destination because of its multicultural heritage. The country has a unique mixture of cultures and a variety of different architectural structures that make this Muslim country one of a kind. By studying abroad in this country visitors get a deeper understanding of a Muslim country through an African lens.

Ghana 

upload.wikimedia.org

This West African coastal country is home to many of the continents most precious beaches and lagoons. Students choosing to study abroad at this location will get a full insight into West African culture. Students will also get the opportunity to exchange with diverse groups of people all over the country. The country's capital Accra is home to an impressive nightlife featuring popular Afrobeat music.

The four countries above are just four of the many countries in Africa that are worth studying abroad too. So if you are planning to study abroad for a semester, summer or a full year consider taking a trip to motherland continent.