11 Super Amazing Benefits Of Working With Kids

Kids always care and it is so adorable how someone so little could figure out you are having a bad day and fix it for you with just their voice.

4516

Working with kids can sound tough and exhausting. Do not get me wrong, it totally is but there are so many other things that make you not even realize the best parts of all. Kids come up with the funniest things and they act so goofily that working with them does not even feel like a job. It honestly makes me feel like a little kid again and I love it.

1. They have the funniest stories

I once had a kid tell me for 15 minutes straight that he still drinks from his moms boobs, and he was 6. It was the funniest thing in the entire world and stories like that can turn my day upside down. Also, when I go home I have a reason to talk about my day!

2. They can pick you up when you are down

Just by hearing, "Miss Kayla, are you okay?" in a little kid voice I can turn my mood totally around. Kids always care and it is so adorable how someone so little could figure out you are having a bad day and fix it for you with just their voice. Dropped your coffee coming into work? Don't worry because you work with kids.

3. They give AMAZING hugs

Even though they are so little, their hugs are far better than any hug from another adult. Sometimes they just want to hug you for no reason and those are the best!

4. They have amazing imaginations

This is something that us adults should take into consideration. As adults we really do not have great imaginations with the fear of being judged. If a 4 year old said they saw a purple octopus in the corner of the room and it was her friend we would think it was cute, but if an adult said that we would call 911. Kids make up the best things and it is so fun listening to them.

5. You may be able to witness a lot of their "firsts"

If you work with young kids, you may experience their first words, crawling or even steps! This is amazing because it is literally mind blowing knowing that they are doing this for the first time and that is beautiful to witness. Helping them perfect that first is even more rewarding!

6. Smiles

Despite the few tantrums that they have (and sometimes us), there are ALWAYS smiles somewhere. They are always so happy and smiley and I believe that the world needs more of that.

7. It can help you for future parenthood

I know as a young adult who does not have kids, working with kids has prepared me for motherhood as much as it can and I am forever grateful for it.

8. It is easy to make them happy

Making adults happy can be quite difficult but kids on the other hand can be so simple. Giving a toddler a stick can open their imagination and they could be busy with it for hours and happy as can be it is insane but beautiful.

9. They look up to you

I remember being in a day care and looking up to my teacher or care giver and thinking they were SO cool. It is so awesome that we have little kids who look up to us in that way.

10. We are capable of sculpting their future

Kind of tied in with reason number 9 above, since the kids look up to us we have a strong influence on their future which is scary but also rewarding in a lot of ways! We can teach them so many positive things and knowing that they learn when they are with us is so nice.

11. You have a mini best friend

They are the best listeners so being able to go to work and have a little mini-me and talk to them is amazing. They will be your best friend and listen to you all day! Their advice could be pretty funny too.

Working with children is so rewarding in so many ways and I would recommend working with children at least once in your life. They are the kindest, funniest and cutest people on the planet and you won't regret it. I promise!