The Benefits Of Waking Up Early In College
Health Wellness

5 Reasons To Put Your Lazy Habits To Bed And Choose To Wake Up Earlier

To lead a more productive lifestyle, you need to work on your goals. Discipline is the key to this, and you can practice this skill by waking up early every morning.

61
Jenett Cheng

As a college student, many people expect me to have a terrible sleep schedule. This is a fair assumption, seeing how many of my friends sleep in the morning and wake up in the afternoon. Nevertheless, as a self-proclaimed early bird, there are benefits to waking up early in the morning. Here are some of them.

1. You can give yourself a more organized day

By waking up earlier in the morning, you give yourself more time to plan out your day. I find this super helpful, as I am not always in a rush to go to work or run errands.

2. It's a healthier lifestyle

No one can deny that sleeping at 3 a.m. and waking up at 12 p.m. is a terrible habit to have. Forcing yourself to wake up early every day also pushes you to go to bed earlier as well. When I started waking up at 5 or 6 a.m., I found myself going to bed at 10 or 11 p.m. Sleep is important, and waking up early can solidify a better sleep schedule.

3. You can give yourself alone time

Time by yourself is the perfect opportunity to work on your goals, read, or reflect. I find that even as a person who likes to spend time with other people, giving myself alone time in the morning is a great way to start off my day.

4. You can be more productive

If you work from 9 to 5, then you would know it's difficult to find time to do be productive around your work schedule. Even if you don't work, it's difficult to be productive in the summer. However, by waking up early, I give myself extra hours in the morning to complete any work.

5. You can practice your self discipline