benefits of summer

Lighter Hair, Darker Skin, Longer Days, And 7 Other Reasons Why Summer Is Actually The Best

Summer is by far the best season.

103
birkenstocks in the sand

Hair gets lighter, skin gets darker, days get longer, and life gets better.

1. You are able to tan. . .for free.

Tan is just better, and during the summer you can get a nice tan without paying hefty prices.

2. The days are longer.

There's so much more daylight, which gives you so much more time to do fun things.

3. Late night bonfires are the best.

Late night bonfires with your close friends, accompanied by s'mores and country music are actually the best.

4. Swimming at all times.

It's always warm enough to go swimming!

5. It's never too cold to go outside.

In the winter, it gets too cold to go outside; during the summer, it's never too cold to go outside.

6. Watermelon is in season.

Honestly, all summer fruit is in season, but watermelon is my favorite, and it can be eaten all summer long!

7. Everything is green and thriving.

During the summer, everything is green and thriving, just before it starts dying in the fall.

8. It's still warm after dark.

You can go outside comfortably after dark, because it's still plenty warm.

9. The freedom of not having school or classes.

Honestly, the fact of not having school or classes is a huge relief in the summer.

10. Adventures are endless.

The best part about summer is that the possibilities are endless. You can swim, hike, and go on any adventures you could imagine.