Believe You Deserve Better

Believe You Deserve Better

If you are your best self, its not too much to ask the same of those around you.

26
Believe You Deserve Better
tumbler

You think it's your fault that your friends are treating you badly, you think you did something wrong to deserve their torment and torture. You think that next week they'll get over it and they'll go back to being your best friend. But its not true. You're wrong.

No one should make to be felt that they are hard to love. And if someone believes that you are? What about that makes you want them to continue to be in your life? There should never be a moment in your day that you are afraid to be yourself, afraid to speak up and be heard. There should never be a moment in your day that someone makes going about your day a challenge. You shouldn't avoid situations due to who is going to be there or who shows up. No one should have influence over your choices other than you, other than people that are looking for the best for you.

You should never be made to feel that your feelings, your emotions, your reactions are invalid. You are such a unique and finally tuned person that there are no two people that feel exactly the same way about something. You should never be afraid to speak your mind or how you feel in fear of what someone else is going to say or think about you.

Be bright, be loving, be kind and understanding. Be outspoken, independent, strong willed and courageous. Be exactly the person you have dreamt yourself to be. If people tell you that you've changed, that you're not how you used to be. Good, it would be worrisome if you hadn't changed, cause that's growing up. That's becoming your own person and standing up for what you think is right and true. Because that's following your heart. So if a so called friend, makes you to feel less because you're happy. You should smile at them, wish them well and walk away.

Keep toxic and vicarious people from your life, they will hurt you. They will hurt your heart, your mind, your soul. You are going places, and those people are trying to keep you from going there. It's your choice if you let them. One day you will find yourself growing up and growing out of people, and that okay! You thank them for their love towards you and you cherish the memories and find yourself walking away.

At first it will hurt, it will feel like you're walking away from all you know, but the beautiful thing about that is, you will learn so much more. So much more about life and people and that not everyone is so concerned about themselves. You will find people that are likeminded and open, kind and understanding. They will be the people that stand by you through anything, and believe me. Those people exist, not everyone will run away at the first sign of trouble, not everyone will be scared to face the world with you. Just because that's what you're use to doesn't mean it's right.

You have to believe that you deserve better, you have to believe that you are meant for more than petty people that try to hold you back. Someday hopefully those people figure it out for themselves. Because their world is small, their world is made of people that are too caught up in what they want and what they think, to look around and see that there is so much more to life than being upset at people.

You'll look back someday at those people, and they will seem so small. All their antics and hurtful words will be nothing compared to how far you've come. Hopefully one day they figure it out themselves, they figure out that there is this one life we have. This one spectacular life, and you can spend that life being angry and mean. You can spend it looking at other people like they're lesser than you, or you can just see them as people. Cause believe it or not folks, we are all human beings made of flaws and emotion and the desire for more.

Crave more for yourself. Crave kind beings and sunny days, crave making life better for yourself. Because happiness is always in front of you, its your choice to reach for it.