Why I Believe Everybody Should Travel

Why I Believe Everybody Should Travel

It is an experience like no other

15
Why I Believe Everybody Should Travel
Alex Feehan

I have wanted to travel and explore the world since I was a little girl. My whole family loves to travel and have been going to far off places for as long as I can remember. Every time my grandparents or my aunts would go away I would tell them to take me with them and ask if I could go, even to this day! They have been to India, China, Africa, England, all over the place! I believe that traveling and exploring the world is a very important part of life. You get to see different cultures and how other people live. There are also cool historical events you can learn about and just getting to see where different things took place and being able to stand where it happened is amazing.

I have only been out of the country once, when I was in eighth grade and it is something I will never forget. I went to London, England for about four days and it was one of the best experiences I have had in my life so far. The first thing we did when we got there was drink tea and eat crumpets, which is so fun to be able to do in England. I saw so much history and actually got to stand on the spots where important events had happened. I learned about different Kings and Queens and I saw Big Ben. I went on the London Eye, which is a huge Ferris wheel where you can see all of London, it’s such an amazing view like no other. We took tours all over London and learned so much, there was never a dull moment. I cannot wait until I get to see another place out of the country, like Paris, Greece or Rome. Going to different places out of the country also gets you to see different customs, try different foods and hear different languages or accents, which can be a great experience to have.

Traveling doesn’t just have to be all the way out of the country though. There are amazing places you can travel to in the United States too. Going to different states you also see different customs and different ways that people do things. I’ve been to Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Virginia, New York, Maryland and Florida. That’s only 9 states out of 50 and I plan on seeing many more. In all of these places I have seen historical events that have taken place just like I did when I was in London. I love visiting the cities in these states and just being somewhere else in a new place is so refreshing. Seeing the sights, visiting different museums, trying the local food and restaurants is an amazing experience that nobody should miss out on.

Not everybody loves to travel, but I believe it is something everybody should experience at least once. The feeling you get when you see a new place for the first time and you want to learn everything about it and just stay there forever is a feeling I cannot describe. It’s something that you just have to experience for yourself. I have just gotten a taste of traveling so far in my life, but I want to see so much more. I want to go everywhere. I want to see the world. Everybody should get to.