15 Things You Hear Being The Mom Friend

15 Things You Hear Being The Mom Friend

Because we all have that friend who takes care of us like it's her job.

17
15 Things You Hear Being The Mom Friend
Kim Henriksen - Gracie Brooks Photography

From high school to college, I am one of those girls who has coined the endearing title as the 'mom friend.' It is truly how I have identified myself for years, and I am proud of being the mom friend in my groups of friends. Here are fifteen things you hear if you are the mom friend!

1. "I need a snack." I have been on countless school trips, out for school projects, and journeys with plenty of my little kiddos... And I know to always have a snack ready for them.

2. "What should I do about *insert problem here*?" As the mom of the group, you are constantly challenged with giving advice to your friends, and this is one of the most sensitive and vulnerable things you can be trusted with.

3. "Please pick out my clothes." ...Because we all need a little help sometimes.

4. "Can we go to McDonald's?" Studying late leads to McDonald's binges, and the mom has to approve.

5. "Do I really need to do this assignment?" As the voice of reason, yes. Yes, you do.

6. "Mom, can you cook?" Now, if anyone knows me, the answer is no. But, I do have fellow mom friends that will cook!

7. "Help! I have *insert injury*!" With that being said, a lot of us are plenty clumsy, and there have been plenty of injuries. Mom friends are the ones who are expected to help clean up everyone and provide some band-aids.

8. "Do I have to do laundry?" It's been four weeks....So, yes.

9. "Is the shower really that dirty?" Dorm showers get gross quickly, especially when you are sharing one small shower between four girls. So, yes, the shower does have to be cleaned.

10. "Should I eat this? Do you think it hasn't gone bad yet?" If you have to ask, it's probably bad.

11. "Can you go to class for me?" You kids make me LOL with this one. No.

12. "Do you think we can buy a dog?" Absolutely not.

13. "Do you have *insert random item here*?" Kind of like Marry Poppins, the mom friend has everything imaginable at all times!

14. "Mom!" Brace yourself, because this could be catastrophic information, or it could be just a simple hello.

15. "I love you. You're a lifesaver." I do it for my children.

Share with the mom friends in your life who constantly save you from eating rotten fruit, or braid your hair, and show them some love!