Being A Sister Makes Me A Better Version Of Myself

My siblings have taught me many things.

200
Marissa Hall
Siblings are the people who teach us about fairness, cooperation, and kindness, quite often the hard way.

Everyone that has siblings knows that they are the best and worst thing in the whole world. They are the sweetest little annoyance but you love them with all your heart. I have twelve half-siblings: eight brothers and four sisters. Every time I tell someone that I have twelve siblings they ask how that's possible since my mom only has three kids. Well, they forget I have a dad, and he has eleven kids. I'm my mom's oldest and my dad's third. I have two older brothers and the other ten siblings are younger. Since I have ten younger siblings, I have to be a role model for them, making sure they don't repeat my mistakes.

Being an older sister has taught me to be kind. Without kindness, my siblings would not know that there is good in the world. Teaching them kindness, and showing them what kindness looks like, has made me a different person.

Being an older sister has taught me strength. Sisters are not easy to deal with, especially close in age. My sisters have made me become a stronger person so that life doesn't knock me down or knock them down.

Being an older sister has taught me unconditional love. It's an understatement to say that I love my siblings. Being their sister has been the greatest blessing. My siblings are beautiful humans, even on their worst days.

As a younger sister, I have been taught resilience. Life hasn't been easy for my older brothers, but they push through the bullsh*t and keep moving. They are so resilient and continue to be the best role models a girl could ask for.

Through the good times and bad, being a sister has made me a better person. My siblings and I have not had the easiest life, but we make the most out of what we were given. Having twelve siblings makes me a stronger person because I've watched eight boys turn into men and four little girls turn into women. They are my reason for being who I am today.

Take some time out to tell your siblings that you love them and that you wouldn't be who you are without them.