Being A Kappa Alpha Theta Means...

Being A Kappa Alpha Theta Means...

I am so thankful for this wonderful organization.

320
Being A Kappa Alpha Theta Means...
Emily Evenson

This summer I was given the opportunity to travel to DePauw University to attend a Kappa Alpha Theta, ‘Emerging Leaders’ Workshop. I was able to connect with sisters from all across the United States and Canada. It was an incredible experience knowing that we all share the same common ideals of faith, hope, and love. I now have a stronger bond and love with Kappa Alpha Theta and the wonderful sisters who belong to this fraternity.

While I love every aspect of this organization, I cannot decide on just one reason why I love being a Kappa Alpha Theta. I asked several Theta sisters from around the nation, to finish the sentence, "Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means…" The responses I received quickly made me realize the many reasons why I am, and love, being a Kappa Alpha Theta woman.

1. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means to embody a world of diverse, dedicated and driven women who all work in cohesion to improve the lives that exist around them. It means to hold yourself to a higher standard; of strength and grace, of passion and pride, in everything you do. Being a Theta means to be yourself, love yourself, and to better yourself. Every day I am proud to be a Theta.” – Courtney, Western University-Gamma Epsilon Chapter

2. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means there is a support system with you from your first day in college and beyond – through good and bad days.” – Alex, University of Delaware-Zeta Tau Chapter

3. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means being a true friend, sister, and leader. It means not being afraid to step out of my comfort zone.” - Kat, Florida State University-Beta Nu Chapter

4. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means having the opportunity to connect with people and foster friendships to make a positive impact on myself and others. At the grand convention that I had the opportunity to attend, I saw representatives from every active chapter as well as alumnae chapters all in one room whom all embodied Theta values. Seeing the unity of this organization made me realize that the strength of this organization is not only based on the power of individuals in it, but how we become even stronger as a group.” – Reina, University of Vermont-Lambda Chapter

5. "Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means knowing you are always surrounded by like-minded people who only want the best for you and who will support you with any goals you set." – Hailey, Quinnipiac University-Eta Xi Chapter

6. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means being a part of something bigger than myself. If I've learned anything this summer, it's that Theta reaches girls all over the nation and encourages and drives them to be leading women and push themselves to be the best that they can be. Being a part of something like that is so incredibly valuable and inspiring!” – Alexis,University of Texas at Dallas, Zeta Upsilon Chapter

7. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means always having a place to call home.” – Allie, University of Nevada-Beta Mu Chapter

8. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means being loved and accepted by a diverse group of women who share the same goals and values as you. It also means being able to be yourself, whether you're loud and silly or quiet and shy.” – Andrea, Fresno State University-Gamma Chi Chapter

9. "Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means I will always have a group of like-minded women around me to encourage me, cheer me on, and be a shoulder to cry on in times of need, and while we all hold the same values, each woman's individuality is what makes Theta so special." – Kiera, University of South Dakota-Alpha Rho Chapter

10. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means being surrounded by the most driven, intelligent, and kind women who will continue to be your support group throughout the rest of your life.” – Kristen, University of Washington-Alpha Sigma Chapter

11. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means growing into the woman that I never knew I had in me. It allows you to express who you truly are with women who empower you to strive for the greater good. Being a Theta has opened up my eyes to seeing the best in everyone around me and I am forever thankful I have Theta in my life.” –Emily, Fresno State University-Gamma Chi Chapter

12. "Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means having endless love and support from your sisters, near or far.” – Velvet, Quinnipiac University, Eta Xi Chapter

13. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means that I am a part of an organization full of women who care about scholarship, service, and loyalty. I feel that by surrounding myself with these type of women, I become a stronger person and a better woman.” – Fraser, Randolph-Macon College-Epsilon Omicron Chapter

14. Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means I am always trying to push myself to become the best version of myself and to find new ways to be a leader in my community!” – Richelle, University of Alberta-Beta Chi Chapter

15. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means dedicating yourself to being your best self, fostering the success of other leading women, and being proud of your sisters, both in Theta and Panhellenic chapters, rather than being threatened by their accomplishments.” – Addy, University of Vermont-Lambda Chapter

16. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means being true to ourselves, and therefore we’re true to each other. I’ve realized that at Theta we’re always encouraging each other to live authentic lives by being genuine and accepting of ourselves, and this, in turn, helps us to have an authentic sisterhood with each other, which leads us to trying to be the best version of ourselves.” – Lucia, Louisiana State University-Delta Kappa Chapter

17. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means I am supported by an amazing group of women who may not share the same opinions as me, but who support me in everything I do because I am their sister.” – Lexi, University of Alabama-Delta Omicron Chapter

18. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means that I am surrounded by women who love me, laugh with me, and encourage me to strive for my best everyday.” – Jennie, University of Southern California-Omicron Chapter

So, to answer my own question…

19. “Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means I will always have a sister to count on, whether near or far. I will constantly be surrounded by an amazing group of women that help and support my journey of becoming the leading woman I want to be. Being a Kappa Alpha Theta means I will always be a part of something so wonderful and inspiring.” – Emily, University of Vermont-Lambda Chapter