I Don't Want My Husband To Help Me With Housework

And that doesn't make me any less of a woman.

1157
home.bt.com

Before you judge me based on the title of this article, hear me out. I am not saying that this is the right or only good way of doing things. I am merely stating my opinion.

As I was doing my research and gathering opinions to write this article, I came across countless articles on the internet with titles such as "How To Make My Man Help Around The House," "Do Not Let Sexism In, Your Man Should Help With Housework," "Men Believe In Housework Fairies," "Men Should Do Half The Housework," and countless other articles of the sort.

I had to look for hours to find an article that disapproved of men doing housework. There was even an article titled: "7 Steps To Make Your Husband Help With Housework."

WHAT?

Let me explain my background. My mom gave up her career the moment my dad proposed and has been a stay at home mom since. As for my dad, he's a pastor, and he has never washed a dish in their 23 years of marriage.

Yeah, I'm serious.

Considering the fact that I've never seen my parents fight, and I think they're the perfect couple, I want my marriage to be similar. Now that you know a little bit of my background, I'll tell you what I think about split chores at home. For me, it's as simple as this: If both work outside the house, both work inside. If the woman stays at home, her home is her job.

Being that I was raised in a home where my mom was a stay at home mom, for me, there's nothing more uncomfortable than seeing a guy doing dishes. For real, if a guy starts cleaning I'll flip.

I'm the kind of girl who believes in honoring the male figure by serving them.

And I want that to be part of my marriage, as I want to stay at home, not precisely the moment I get married, but the moment I have children.

Of course, if I ever do have to work the same amount of hours as my husband and I'm contributing to the household's economy, I do expect him to help me, but out of love. I won't follow the use seven steps to make him help.

I've seen some women nowadays want nothing to do with their femininity. They are slowly wanting to become the men. They want to compete with their husbands at a professional level. They want to handle finances, they want to lead the household.

By wanting to be and do all these things, they're losing what makes a woman sacred: the meek and quiet spirit that the Bible talks about.

They want to be the man so much, that they're losing the privilege of being the man's support and rock, and that Proverbs 31 woman that is a crown to her husband.

Do you think it's a coincidence that ever since woman started working full time, divorce rates have been up exponentially? My dad always says you shouldn't underestimate the power of a woman because a woman can destroy a man or she can build him up.

Behind every good man, there's an amazing woman.

He says he hit the jackpot with my mom, and anyone who knows my parents knows that my dad wouldn't be the amazing man of God he is today without having my mom.

Personally, I believe that what gives worth to a woman in marriage is serving her husband and family. I've seen my mom do this joyfully everyday for 19 years, without complaining and with a huge smile on her face.

She has found her fulfillment and her calling on that, and because of that, my family is what it is. Of course, I know that If my mom worked, my dad would have pitched in to help around the house out of love and consideration, but that is not the case.

And when I think of how I want my marriage to work, I want it to be exactly like theirs, because to me, theirs is perfect.

I've seen that my mom serving my dad doesn't make her any less of a woman, and doesn't make my dad a sexist idiot. On the contrary, it makes my mom an amazing woman, a crown to my dad, and it makes my dad "rise up and call her blessed" like the Proverbs 31 woman.

As I said earlier, I'm by no means telling you that this is the only right way to do things, but I do believe it is a way that sticks to Biblical principles and roles established by God. And since I've seen this way work close to perfectly, I'm sticking to it.