Being A Crazy Cat Lady

Being A Crazy Cat Lady

I always thought I was a dog person--until I got a cat.

2
Being A Crazy Cat Lady
Elena Vela

I am a crazy cat lady. The funny thing is, I always thought I was a dog person--until I got a cat. Since the day I brought my cat home, my life has revolved around him. If you have a cat that means the world to you, you can probably relate.

Nothing comes before my cat, and being away from him is hard. My friends never fail to pick fun at me for leaving a party or staying in because I need to be home with my fur-baby. I cry every time I have to leave him to go to back to school. When asked about my future I always respond, "I just want to put together a good life for me and Lou." And of course I want only the best for him. I always buy him loads of treats and all the best toys, even though he'd rather just play with a crumpled up piece of paper.

My cat is way more photogenic than me. It's embarrassing honestly. And he loves to be in the spotlight, but I don't mind. He is pretty perfect. My camera roll is 50 percent screen shots and 50 percent pictures of my cat. I love filling my timeline with photos of my stunning feline. My friends love it too, which brings me to my next point.

My friends like my cat more than they like me. I don't get the typical, "How are you?" I get, "How's Lou?" "Send pictures of your cat!" and, "Bring Lou so I can see him!" I'm proud to have such a popular and loved cat, even if it means only having friends because of him.

You don't just get a cat, you grow to have an obsession. Since becoming a cat owner, everything I own has something to do with cats. My phone case is a cat. My closet is filled with cat clothes. I have cat coasters and other decorations. I even have a tattoo of a silhouette of a cat. I can't stop.

My cat is my best friend. We do everything together and he goes everywhere with me. We have photo shoots together. We take trips to get food together. We get ready together. We Netflix together. We play and cuddle and fight. I spend most of my free time with him and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No boy will ever be good enough. I mean, that's the whole point of having a cat right? No, but it's a big plus. My cat is the perfect balance between sweet and sassy. Why would anyone waste their time on a boy when they could get a cat? Cuddles whenever you want, they miss you when you're gone, naps and movie nights every night. It doesn't get any better, trust me.

Bringing home my kitten was the best thing I've ever done. I can't remember my life before him. Cats are a great edition to the family, low maintenance, and high reward. So, check out your local animal shelter and become a cat lady (or man) like me!!