Being A "Super Senior" While Everyone Else Is Graduating

Who cares?

6

I always get asked when I'm graduating. Some people are shocked I'm not done yet and others are just as shocked on how quickly I got here.

I would like to say, or at least people would expect me to say, that I'm upset that I get to see everyone graduate on time and achieve that dream goal of a perfect four years and done. But life isn't always so smooth like that. It's okay to fall a little behind because circumstances just made it that way.

I'm not worried about it. I'm young and I have time. People are so pressured to go to college and get a job immediately after. If I had a penny for every person who asks me my after college plans and what I want to do, I'd be rich! I have spoken on this topic probably several of times, by it is so prominent in my life that it is almost impossible to ignore.

The expectations are ridiculous and everyone is competing to one-up each other, instead of focusing on what actually makes them happy. This is not everyone, but it is safe to assume that people feel more safe when they have a plan that they can actually state to others, instead of just saying: "I don't know."

I started watching this amazing motivational speaker on Instagram Gary Vaynerchuk (https://www.instagram.com/garyvee/). He really opened my eyes on all of the possibilities in front of us that we do not take advantage of, because of either pressure or fear. He doesn't believe in timelines. He believes in taking risks, when we are expected to "settle down."

It is important that everyone sees that we are all in the same boat here. No one is better than anyone and we are all just figuring out life as we go along. How about we stop pretending that no one struggles and that everyone knows what they are doing, and help each other out!