To The Girls Who Feel Behind In Life Right Now, Take A Second To Look Around

I have learned that it's better to enjoy life than to rush it.

106
@brannon_naito

Lately, I have been in a funk about certain posts I see on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Every time I log on, I feel like all I see are more people I know are engaged, pregnant, or both. It's crazy to see that I am the age where that's possible now, but for some reason, I just still feel behind in life.

I go to school full time and I work full-time hours at my job, so I really don't have time for anything else. Sometimes I wonder if I get too wrapped up in my future that I don't pay attention to the now. Being able to find someone that I could do things like fall in love, get married, or be a parent with are my dreams, but I don't think God has them in my plans yet.

I try not to let it get to me, seeing posts like that. It makes me feel like I'm behind everyone in life. Even though I am going to school and getting my education, something still feels off and I hate it.

I am still dealing with it. I try to remind myself that I'm only 20 years old and that I still have a lot of life to live and that I am doing great in life exactly where I'm at, but if you've ever felt those feelings too, you know that some days it weighs on your mind heavier than others.

So, my advice to the girls who feel like their behind in life, take a second to look around. Take a step back from your life and get a new perspective. The choices and amazing things you are doing in life right now are exactly what was written for you. Whether that means you're trying to finish school, working to make ends meet, or about to marry the love of your life. Wherever you are at in life right now, that is where you are meant to be.

It sounds cliche, I know. However, I have learned that it's better to enjoy life than to rush it.

Even though I dream of having someone to call mine forever or two little mini versions of myself running around, I know that with time, I will be granted that in life. I am just not to that chapter in my life yet.

Ground yourself in who you are, especially. Work hard on loving yourself and learning new things. Try not to pay attention or compare your life timelines to those on social media because all it will do is make you feel like you're not doing something right in life when that is definitely not the case.

Your prince charming will come. You will graduate and land your career job. You will be a parent and have a family someday. Just not yet. Look around and water your own garden before God decides to introduce new and exciting flowers to water and tend to.