Seniors all across the country have decided what they are doing after high school, whether that is going to college or start a career, and the reality is starting to sink in that we will all soon be on our own. With prom, graduation, and possibly college move-in day, these are your last few months as a teenager. Although it is scary, it is also exciting to begin this next chapter of our lives. I am here to tell you that it will be alright, and I am very excited to see what the future has in store for us!

1. Seniors, enjoy this last summer while you can!

Now is the time to hang out with your friends before you all go on your separate ways. Although you may attend college with some of your friends, many of them will also be beginning this next chapter. College is the time where you explore your hobbies, meet new friends, and begin to focus on a future career. Life has a different plan for each person, and that is not a bad thing, but it is important to spend time with those who you care about before you go down your own path.

2. Prepare yourself for that next step

Whatever your next step is, you need to make sure you are prepared. Gather items for your dorm, do an internship or even begin making friends with your fellow classmates or coworkers. Life will go on no matter the circumstances, so everyone should take time to prepare themselves for what is coming next. Remember, it should be exciting to begin this next journey.

3. Relax and look forward to your future

At first, moving on from all that you've ever known will seem scary and difficult. Obviously, it will take time for you to get used to change, but once you do you will enjoy every minute of it. Set new goals, reach certain milestones, and hard work will always pay off. Keep your eye on the prize!

4. Take a minute, and think about what you want for yourself

Personally, it brings me joy whenever I take a deep breath and think about my future. It is so exciting to be able to meet new people, experience new things, and most importantly get an education about a subject that I really care about. Plus, I am very excited to begin a new chapter at the University of Oklahoma this fall and majoring in journalism! Now, ask yourself, what do you see in your future? What do you want for yourself?

Lastly, seniors, happy National College Decision day! I am so excited that you are deciding where you will be starting that next chapter, and hope you can accomplish all of your goals.