Beginning Of The Semester Reminders From Will Ferrell

I can't think of one person more qualified to give that advice.
7

1. On the first day of class pick a good seat

A good seat for you might be a bad seat for someone else. It depends on where you want to sit for the rest of the semester.

2. Find a buddy in each class

Chances are you'll miss an instruction the teacher gives. Instead of emailing the teacher you can just text your bud.

3. Eat all you can at buffet style dining halls

Pay one price, eat all night.

4. Don't just yell out anything in class

Your reputation will be sealed. Wait until at least week 4 to blurt out guesses.

5. Dress to impress

If you feel like you can dress to impress the whole semester.

6. Or just dress to be moderate

No one will be expecting you to look your best Monday at 8 AM.

7. Have a little bit of school spirit

It's more fun than being too cool to enjoy yourself.

8. Be prepared

Anything can happen in the first week, so plan ahead.

9. Don't panic

Everything is going to work out fine, even if sometimes it doesn't seem like it.

10. Look over the syllabus

Even if you go over it, nothing ruins week 3 more than finding out you have a ten page paper due that you didn't know about.

11. Play some sports

Take time to have some fun at the rec, you probably get in for free anyways.

12. Know what you want

And what you don't want.

13. Have a squad dinner

Because you know you've all missed each other over break.

14. Buckle up

The semester will be taking off a lot quicker than you expect.